Recent content by Zack33

1. Zack33

Small Acan-Only Tank!

On the economic side, remove the hermit:) In the OMG room for more acans side....Build a 20G long or a 30 breeder:)(yeah i know it is bigger than your bc 29 but come on they have a great size) and fill it will as many acans as you can:) Zack
  2. Zack33

Help with Xenia

are you sure the LFS had their refractometer calibrated properly??? If you are then you did your salinity change too fast, it should have been done over weeks! not 2 days...give the corals time:) xenia are the most hardest coral i know(about the same as GSP) it should be fine, i would...
  3. Zack33

Recommend me a tank size, if possible...

why not go with a 24" by 24" by 18" tank:) That would give perfect coverage (halides are said to be best for coverage just that distance and with the 150w if you put ur SPS under the halide near he top-possibly middle of the tank you should be fine, and lps and softies could go else where...
  4. Zack33

predator tank

a sump and fuge would be best a protein skimmer would be best i would go with the normal amount of live rock for a reef (1-2 pounds per gallon) of course not all of that has to be in the DT most can be in the sump/fuge lighting all you need is enough to have colour in the fish your happy...
  5. Zack33

Pics of my 125g reef tank

I like it:) When the corals grow out, you won't even notice the pvc should be covered:) More pics soon please:) Zack
  6. Zack33

1000+ Gallon Display Plywood/Fiberglass Build

Re: 1000+ Gallon Display Plywood / Fiberglass Build so the corals look great:) If only the tank was ready ;) lol Keep up the nice work Zack
  7. Zack33

My next tank, suggestions...?

I don't know what everyone in the states uses, but there are two here in ontario that i'm very confident both ship to the states and both build AMAZING tanks, One is Miracles (not sure if they ship to states) and the other is Aquarium Obessed (i know they ship to the states) Hth, Keep us...
  8. Zack33

Frag Tank

thats sick can't wait to see it full of frags ;)
  9. Zack33

new trigger

he's pretty looking;) Let us know how he does especially if he picks on corals or not Zack:)
  10. Zack33

Dynamite's SPS Land

let me first say that i like that your taking your time:) Now here are my comments/suggestions Add more live rock:) Also i personnally do not like your aquascape....i think it just looks like you tossed the rocks in there....try to give the fish some places to hide behind/in and swim...
  11. Zack33

aiptasia removers and xenia

just save the time and kalk paste them:)
  12. Zack33

Vortech MP20 and MP40-Pretty good deal-IMO

can i be pmed the information as well please:)
  13. Zack33

Which one would you use

i would go with rubble, its more natural, also it will give inverts (shrimps, crabs) places to hide from fish very well (if they feel the need to) Also in time, if you wish to frag corals and have access to this area still, than you could take out some rubble and glue the frags to them to...
  14. Zack33

40 Gallon BTA Project

Looking good:) Not sure if you are doing it already or not, but i would go ahead and try the lighting idea you came up with on the bottom of page 2....i know tons of people who do this up here in canada, and they seem to see more spawning and growth in there tanks than others HTH I really...
  15. Zack33

The Ultimate Coral

I like tricolour milles, nice movement, not just "sticks" as my mom calls the rest of my sps...they can have great colour and can look very cool flowing in the watercurrent:) I also like acan lords as well, they generally do get feed thoough i don't believe that is a must. look in palys and...