Recent content by WayneT

1. WayneT

Beginning again.

Welcome back. I had to do the same thing and make a slow come back. I also did the same thing with arragonite but it seems to settle out after about 48 hours. I have since cleaned the bottom and taken a lot of that fine dust using a suction tube. Seems to be fine now.
  2. WayneT

Hi im new

Welcome to RF. You found the right place for good conversation and good information.
  3. WayneT

Leveling Stand? I Suspect The Carpet...

Plywood will work but use an exterior grade plywood and get a piece of 3/4 inch stock. Using exterior ply will be a little better because the glue used to make the ply is water resistant. As far as how far from the wall IMHO I would leave enough room to fit my hand back there to clean any...
  4. WayneT

Leveling Stand? I Suspect The Carpet...

I agree with moving the stand out about an inch away from the wall. Your stand may be sitting on the tack strip under the carpet. If that doesn't work try a solid wood board (not partial board) under the stand. Shim the board and get it level first then put the stand on and fill it with water.
  5. WayneT

Hello from wild east

WELCOME
  6. WayneT

Starting new after 5 years...

To answer your question on the open stand; yes, you can put an all glass tank on an open stand but cannot do it with an acrylic tank. Acrylic tanks need a solid bottom. I prefer having the open bottom simply so I can see whats under the substrate. all kinds of funny things can go on under...
  7. WayneT

WELCOME
  8. WayneT

New to the forum's

WELCOME
  9. WayneT

Blue Zoo Aquatics

I just got some polyps and an Acan rock along with a Kole tang from Blue Zoo. When the box was delivered the FedEx guy handed it to me an told me "looks like something broke". He was right the box was wet and I thought for sure I was going to have to make a claim. When I opened the box and...
  10. WayneT

New

WELCOME Post some pics of your tanks.
  11. WayneT

Hey-ooo

WELCOME Nice looking tank.
  12. WayneT

Saying Hello!

WELCOME
  13. WayneT

Newbie to the Salty side

WELCOME Post some pics on your setup.
  14. WayneT

Biocube 14

WELCOME Keep your post running and someone with a BioCube will give you some info.