Recent content by vickymoore1976

1. V

Copper?.....death to all corals

Its a little complicated but I will try to make since of this so I can get some opinions and advice. I did a 10% water change to my RMS 130D which is about 4 gallons. After adding half of the water I noticed the heater had broke in the container I use to hold the water. Too late since water had...
  2. V

Peppermint shrimp eating coral?

He doesn't look anything like a camel shrimp. Looks classic peppermint. I don't know, hate to get rid of him he is super playful and fun to watch in the tank.
  3. V

Actually saw pieces of the coral going in his mouth.
  4. V

I have had a peppermint shrimp for a week and he has been doing great. Bought a frogspawn coral today and after placing it the peppermint shrimp has started eating it. Am I going to have to catch and remove my peppermint shrimp or will he stop? Right now I have covered my frogspawn with a...
  5. V

Help with RSM 130D skimmer

Thanks for the information. That is what we were thinking, but I was getting concerned about the debris floating around in the tank...
  6. V

Help with RSM 130D skimmer

My boyfriend and I just recently bought a RSM 130D, this is our first saltwater reef tank (we have a 55g fresh water tank). My boyfriend, Matthew, did months of research before deciding on the RSM. The tank has been up and running for a week, all water checks have been where we expected as far...