Recent content by uxdesigner

1. uxdesigner

Tok's RSM 250

Wow, really nice tank. Those last few shots of the sides are excellent! Nice work.
  2. uxdesigner

UXDesigners Red Sea Max 250

Thanks guys!
  3. uxdesigner

Thanks and good eyes! I have many zoas fragged ready to part out in a week or so.
  4. uxdesigner

Not attached, I just got those corals today and set them in the tank in a way that it has the best chance to attach to multiple pieces of rock. I may frag it as I would like to keep the islands separate but my little daughter thought it was cool the way it is so her nemos can swim under the new...
  5. uxdesigner

Picked up 3 new showpieces (huge bali green slimer, 30 head frogspawn & teal tip acro)
  6. uxdesigner

UXDesigners Red Sea Max 250 This is my second RSM 250 after trying out a 50 Rimless Starphire Cube of which I liked but I had issues with it being rimless. In my last RSM 250 build I retrofitted the lights with all LED's but I wanted to have some T5 supplementation this time around. In this...
  7. uxdesigner

UX Designers RSM 250 LED DIY

Thanks! Im also a fan of LEDs and they are only getting better!
  8. uxdesigner

Thanks! I say go for it, you won't regret it!
  9. uxdesigner

I've actually had these running for 9 months, I just finally got around to posting here. That said, I did slowly ramp them up over a months period but I currently run them full blast and the SPS love it! All my zoas & palys are under the purposely created shelf aquascape to protect them from the...
  10. uxdesigner

Lol! I thought that is what you meant but was unsure since I don't run across to many reefers in the software design field. Yes, I am a (UX) User Experience Designer!
  11. uxdesigner

Yeah, although mostly SPS I have 10 colonies of high end zoas.
  12. uxdesigner

All lighting components were purchased from Rapid LED, at a cost of just under $500. Great products and excellent service! Highly recommend!
  13. uxdesigner

Shot of the hood without optics for now as I still have a few things to clean up but needed to get some light on my corals that have been deprived for 3 days All I can say is wow these things are bright! Really happy I decided to go LED, the shimmer is awesome!
  14. uxdesigner

UXDesigner's Red Sea Max 250 Current FTS - (5/23/2012) Inspired by the Aqua Illuminations (AI) Sol Blue modules. I decided to build my own retrofit into my existing Red Sea Max 250 hood. Specs: 48 3 Watt Cree LED's 16 Cool White 20 Royal Blue 8 Blue 4 Neutral White 4 Meanwell Drivers...
  15. uxdesigner

RSM 250 Light Failure

If RS doesn't get you new ballast I found the complete electrical circuit that I gutted while moving this weekend. I'm going to post it for $20 plus shipping let me know.