Recent content by tweety

1. tweety

HOB Filter Question

I have a HOB filter on my 75 gallon FOWLR tank and it seems to work just fine. I also have a few polyps, mushrooms, and a couple of anemones in the tank. I have had the aquarium up and running for a little over a year now. I clean it every 4 weeks when I do my 25% water change. I rinse...
  2. tweety

Anemone nuking tank!

AL, Along with the HOB filter system I also have to power heads to circulate the water. One is a Koralia 3 and the other is a Penquin 660. I have good water circulation I just wasn't sure about the filtering. I also have a Romora Pro HOB protein skimmer.
  3. tweety

Anemone nuking tank!

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure how far into the reef I want to go. I would love to have it all but with the present economy I think I will have to stay with a FOWLR and the few polys I have. This is such an exciting hobby. I've had freshwater aquariums for years and last year decided...
  4. tweety

Anemone nuking tank!

My system is 11 months old and I only have florescent lights that came with the tank. I have a AquaTech 110 hang on back filter. 75 Gal LR and LS Snails and crabs 1 Percula Clown 1 Tomato Clown 1 Yellow Tang 1 Blue Tang 1 Yellow tail damsel 1 Royal Gramma 1 Dottyback (He came free...
  5. tweety

Anemone nuking tank!

I've been reading some threads trying to decide whether or not to get an anemone and everyone keeps warning about them dieing and nuking the tank. What does that mean? Are they that lethal if they die?
  6. tweety

New to Reef Sanctuary

Welcome and good luck with your 1000 gal. goal.
  7. tweety

My slow thirty gallon build

Welcome. I love watching the progress of new builds. Can't wait to see more.
  8. tweety

New to the site!

Welcome to RS Jenna. This a great site with a lot of useful information.
  9. tweety

Reefmack's Red Sea Max

Thanks again for the camera info. I'll give it a try this weekend using my tripod.
  10. tweety

Reefmack's Red Sea Max

Thanks for the camera info. I have a Nikon D70 (digital SLR) also. I guess I will just have to practice, practice, practice and turn off the power heads and flash. Again, great looking tank. I'm hoping someday to have a tank that nice.
  11. tweety

Reefmack's Red Sea Max

Your tank looks awesome. Thanks for the chronicle. I was wondering what setting you have your camera on to get such nice pictures? Mine always seem to turn out blurry.
  12. tweety

Irishrose302 - Fun with a camera!!!

That is an awesome tank. Can't wait to see the FTS.
  13. tweety

My new 75 gal. Upgrade

You have a great looking tank. It has come a long way in a year. Thanks for keeping us updated on the progress.
  14. tweety

cloudy tank

I started my 1st tank in March 2008 and I had the same problem after my new tank was up and running for about 4 months. I tried everything to clear it up and nothing worked until someone told me to change 1/2 the water and clean the filters, all at the same time. I had a bacteria bloom...
  15. tweety

My 265 gallon in wall reef.

Thanks for the information. I think the store off Todd Drive is Pet World. I have shopped there too but there tanks never look that good. I haven't be to Animart in a while so I will be wary until there water clears up. I just got rid of my bacterial bloom which I have had since I set my...