Recent content by turn8299

1. T

Cyano advice

They make great products these days that really help with the fight against cyano. The one I have personally used and works and is reef safe is called Red Slime control by BlueLife. Try it out. And no I do not have any affiliations with them.
  2. T

Hair algea?

So Dave, I think I have the first one that you mentioned. Like I said, I did not have this problem until I took the bag out. I dont guess it would hurt to put it back in just to see if it helps. Would you suggest doing that? That is the only thing that I have done different since this algea took...
  3. T

Hair algea?

Thanks for all the info Dave. The only thing I can think of is getting a skimmer. I did not have a problem until about 2 months ago but I have not really changed anything either. I am not overstocked..only have 4 hermits and a toadstool, not overfeeding..nothing much to feed, and I do use RO...
  4. T

Hair algea?

Maybe I will try the hare.....thanks for the replies. ROLL TIDE!
  5. T

Hair algea?

Sorry I was so long to reply. My tank was bought new in March of this year so I think that it would not be the lights. Now that I think of it, someone told me one time to use chemi-pure elite and it would probably help with my algea. Anyone use this? Did it work?
  6. T

What Is Your Profession?

I am a supervisor at an extrusion/lamination company. We are one of the giants in this field. I have been with the company for about 14 years. I have alot of off time(7 days straight a month with days in between).
  7. T

$9 toadstools, or 2 for $15

Well I hate to say that one of mine did not make it. The other is doing great though, glad i got two!
  8. T

Thanks BigJay, that makes me feel more at ease.
  9. T

The one i had that was detached is opening up better than the one that is attached. The one that is attached seems to close fully with the lights on and open up at night...? Should I be concerned or give it time?
  10. T

Hair algea?

I am having a problem with what i am calling hair algea. It grows long like hair and is green in color. What are some good ways to rid this? All my readings are good. I have even cut down on my lights some but has not seemed to help very much. I only have an engineer goby and 4 blue hermits...
  11. T

For anyone that has these, does it take awhile for them to open up?
  12. T

mine opened up like yours did last night but seem to be pouting all day today.
  13. T

Yea one of mine is off its base also. What about putting him in the sand next to a rock?
  14. T

The wife just called the office and told me that we just received our package. Wont get home til 7 but then the fun begins!
  15. T

Can anyone help in Alabama?

thanks alot Nikki, you are too kind. I am in no hurry to get anything right now. Just let me know when someone may be coming this way. Thanks again!