Recent content by Tsao

1. Tsao

what size refugium?

I'm not quite an expert but I would say use the 20 if you have it. More water = more stable I believe (as the poster above mentioned). I have a 30 gal main tank with a 20 gal refugium and it has worked well for the past 3 years with no other type of filtration. Whatever you choose, good luck!
  2. Tsao

New from Va( long intro)

Welcome! I grew up in Va. I miss it there!
  3. Tsao

My new frags :) with pics!

Congrats on the finds. Nice deals. =]
  4. Tsao

Anyone here from WV or close who wants to trade/sell frags

I'm just starting to add corals so I pretty much only have frags. Just picked up some zoas yestday actually.
  5. Tsao

Looking for Coral Frags in North East PA

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely be sure to check them out when I get time.
  6. Tsao

New Corals, questions about one of them.

I tried scraping him off, didn't work too well so I just broke off the little branch he was on
  7. Tsao

Can anyone ID the dark growth across from my thumb? It's like a dark redish color with tentacle type things. Sorry for a lack of terminology there. @jtjet104 | TweetPhoto Edit: In the five minutes it's been in the tank it seemed to have opened up, here's a better pic:
  8. Tsao

I just got back from the store and got some kenya trees, zoos, GSPs, a leather and this green florescent hammer coral. The owner at the store said to start with it at the bottom of the tank, however research told me they need moderate to heavy lighting and I only have T5s. Just wondering where...
  9. Tsao

Looking for Coral Frags in North East PA

I'm in Philadelphia area. Haven't found anyone near me but East Coast Aquatics has a decent selection of frags.
  10. Tsao

Anyone here from WV or close who wants to trade/sell frags

I live around Philadelphia, about four hours away, but I always pass by right by Morgantown when going to visit my parents.
  11. Tsao

Importance of water flow?

First is a picture of the set up I have now. Second is how it used to be, I really liked the way it used to be, I think it looks nice, however, I read that you shouldn't wall stack due to flow problems. Just curious what types of problems would arise and if it's really that bad of an idea.
  12. Tsao

Brown Algae?

Okay, thanks all for the replies. I rigged one of the pumps to the fuge to flow over the rock and water quality was fine when I tested it yesterday, also did a 50% water change.
  13. Tsao

Brown Algae?

Well the MT hasn't had anything for 6 months... Just the LR and sand.. the refugium as had life the whole time. Currently there's a sebae clown and a blue gold rabbitfish. So nothing needs to be done, it should eventually go away?
  14. Tsao

Brown Algae?

Not much flow now, fan broke, haven't purchased a new one because there's no coral yet. Been set up for over a year. It does look like the pictures I found of Diatoms. Is that bad for the tank or what should I do? Thanks for the quick reply.
  15. Tsao

Brown Algae?

Just wondering what this is. I completely cleaned off all the rock and it was white/tan yesterday.. Within a day it grows back to this. Any suggestions? The green in the corner is just food for the rabbitfish so not that.