Recent content by Triggerfish

1. Triggerfish

Preparing the RSM 250

I used a damp cloth to wipe out the styrofoam bits, and that's it. Good luck!
  2. Triggerfish

Very first silver rsm250 thread

Ditto this. It's affected WAY too much by the water level - this is one of the main reasons I bought an ATO, although I haven't hooked the ATO up yet.
  3. Triggerfish

What kind of camera do you use?

When I am taking more difficult/serious shots I use a Nikon D80 (dSLR). I would LOVE to get a proper macro lens for this puppy, but they are so much £££/$$$, sigh. When I'm lazy, in a hurry, etc, I use a Nikon Coolpix S710.
  4. Triggerfish

Red Sea drop Interpet in favour of Arcadia in the UK

Yes, I'm not sure if I should post it? I'll PM you. I recently emailed him at his old address, which is what's still listed on the Red Sea site, and he eventually got back to me and told me about the change in his address. So he's still checking the old address periodically, for a while at...
  5. Triggerfish

Starting to rebuild

Tom, you're very brave - that sort of work would drive me mad! Good luck! :)
  6. Triggerfish

OUCH!!! the AUD price on RSM250

There are several potential issues there (I've done plenty of thought on this kind of thing, being an expat in the UK!): - The shipping would be massively expensive - He'd almost surely have to pay an import duty on it - when I moved here we had to provide a complete inventory of everything we...
  7. Triggerfish

OUCH!!! the AUD price on RSM250

Ouch, and I thought the UK was expensive. That ($3150 AUD) converts to about £1770 (or $2900 USD!). I paid around £1300... Does anyone sell it without the stand?? I assume when anyone talks RSM prices it's for everything. It's definitely cheapest in the US, but then so is most everything...
  8. Triggerfish

Reefmack's RSM 130

Terry, love the trigger! :) Did you know that they use their 'trigger' fin to wedge themselves between the rocks when they feel threatened? My pinktail was fearless pretty much from day 1 (but they are a more aggressive fish than the blue-throats), but at night he'd always go into the rocks...
  9. Triggerfish

Confused in buying a Red Sea MAX 250

Hi skidrow, That is really up to your personal preferences... You can probably assemble your own (larger) setup for less than you can buy an RSM, but it's a lot more work and won't look as sleek. It depends on what's important to you in a setup, whether or not you like doing the research and...
  10. Triggerfish

Triggerfish's RSM 250

Pictures! Right! You can glimpse one of the firefish here - if I get any closer (or just look at him wrong) he vanishes faster than I can blink: New zoas: Skunk cleaner shrimp:
  11. Triggerfish

Triggerfish's RSM 250

Thanks, Terry. :) One thing I forgot to mention in my update - my circulation pump #2 has stopped working!! The RS-1500. I just noticed it when I was dusting off the rocks with a turkey baster - I realized that when I moved the baster past that nozzle, I didn't feel any flow. I've taken the...
  12. Triggerfish

Triggerfish's RSM 250

:hallo: Hello, I am here! I am doing very well. :) I am 27 weeks now, nearly to third trimester. :oh: Sorry I keep disappearing... This time I just got back from a trip home to the States to see family and friends before the wee lass arrives. I have been letting the tank just hang out...
  13. Triggerfish

Rsm 130 Cracked Side

Tom, that is awful!! :( Best wishes with the new tank.
  14. Triggerfish

lifting a red sea max 250

Hehe, I'm a bit confused on this question myself. I would say no, not really, except that online I occasionally get called 'mate' by people who I believe know I am female... I've never been called 'mate' offline, though. Maybe it's kind of like dude - typically it's male, but some people will...