Recent content by tlowrider

1. T

Captured Mantis Shrimp

I used the plastic bottle method with a shrimp in it. Works Great I caught that bugger within an hour I know some folks like them but this thing was eating everything::bluenod:
  2. T

Purigen In Red Sea Max

Glenn I took the filter bags and i am just running 2 bags of Chemi Pure is this ok ? Also is it okay to put small pea stone in the bottom of the tank I have seen some pictures with it in the tanks looks cool
  3. T

Purigen In Red Sea Max

Thanks Glenn The Filter bags keep floating up and stopping the flow of water can I take those out and just run Purigen?
  4. T

Purigen In Red Sea Max

I would like to know were I should place the Purigen in the Tank? also On my max 250 the right pump chamber the water in there just sits. Is there something I can place in there or is that normal. I had the tank up and running for about 7 weeks.
  5. T

Glenn's RSM 130D

Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D Hey Glenn I Have a Red Sea 250 I seen your thread on purigen were should i place it in my tank? Also On the right side of the tank in the chamber were the pump sits there is no flow in there and looks kinda dirty is that normal or should i put something in there
  6. T

Coraline Algae and Clean Up Crew

In my tank it looks like my hermit crabs and snails are eating my coraline algae off of my live rock. Will they eat all of it I want more to spread not get eaten up. Is this what they will do?
  7. T

Adding fish

I have a red sea max 250 and was going to add around 7 to 9 yellowtail damsels Any Advice
  8. T

The correct way to have steady Temps on red Sea Max 250

Great Advice so how should i measure my water level and were should i keep it at? Should I shut everything off and then measure it on the sight glass and were should the shutter be also when I measure it Thanks just trying to get everything right
  9. T

Go to Red Sea Max.com Click on 250 then click on support Then downloads and then Max 250 Temperature control And then in the Directions area it says to raise the shutter all the way up????????????? I was adjusting the water level on the sight glass using the Shutter Maybe you can give...
  10. T

I read on one of the specifications on red sea max web that in order to have steady temperatures in your tank and to adjust the skimmer correctly. You must first shut everything down and then raise your shutter as far to the top as you can and then fill the water level in the tank until...
  11. T

Live Rock

What is a good website for purchasing Live Rock
  12. T

Purchasing Fish

Thanks for the Info
  13. T

Purchasing Fish

Does anyone know a really good online fish store?
  14. T

Distilled Water

I am currently setting up a RSM 250 I am about to use distilled water to make the saltwater is this Ok?