Recent content by tigers fan

1. T

? on type of fish

Lynn, this summer I am starting a FOWLR 300 gallon tank. Mostly aggressive but not over . it deffinately isnt a jeweled damsel. more like what tou described. find out for me please.
  2. T

? on type of fish

Hi, I was recently in Mexico and of course I was snorkeling every day. There was a reef 250 yards from the beach at my resort. There was a small fish definitely a damsel. Mean son of a *****. It was blue with a different color blue spots. Any clues and are they available in the hobby. Thanks
  3. T

Lunar wrasse?

I think smaller fish would suit you better. Some of the ones that I like are Neon Dottyback, Black Cap Basslet, Carpenter Wrasse, and a blue flasher wrasse. most of theese are somewhat pricy.
  4. T

First 70g FOWLR....

I would add at least 70 lbs of live rock. Rule of thumb 1 lb for every gallon.
  5. T

starting a 300 gallon sw fish only this summer

Looking at your credentials makes me feel good about my selection. Can you recomend lights. I allready have two reef tanks so I wont be converting this one, strictly FOWLR.
  6. T

starting a 300 gallon sw fish only this summer

Hi everyone.Im planning on starting a 300 gallon this summer and have some questions about livestock and lighting. I would like to put more money into a protein skimmer and filtration. This will be built into a wall with the help of a friend who also owns my lfs. I just want some opinions on...
  7. T

adding another flasher wrasse?

i added th flasher 2 and a half weeks agoand I was going to wait another 3 weeks to add my next.
  8. T

Good Beginner Coral?

Green star polyps were the first thing I added with worse lighting.
  9. T

How about a neon dottyback(aka pseudo dutoiti)
  10. T

Hi all. My tank has been up and running for 10 weeks and everything is going great. It is a 29 gallon BC. Right now I have a true perc and a carpenter wrasse. I want to add a McCoskers flasher. Would I have a problem having 2 flasher wrasses
  11. T

Colorful fish?

personally, I like a neon dottyback. It has orange and blue coloring and is an interesting fish.
  12. T

29 gallon BC up for 6 weeks

The BC 29 comes with 1 36 watt true actinic and 1 36 watt 10,000 daylight. Let me know what you think. I know I can't put any sps in this tank. Thanks
  13. T

29 gallon BC up for 6 weeks

I have been having so much fun starting out in this hobby. Right now I have various snails, hermits, emerald crab, pepprmint shrimp,( because of a small aptasia problem) true perc and a few mushroom and zoo frags. Unknown to me a LFS was going out of bussiness, so I went in to see what they had...
  14. T

using super glue toaffix frags to rock.

how long will it usually take for them to attach themselves
  15. T

using super glue toaffix frags to rock.

I was trying it on the bottom of some zoa frags. I am new to this hobby and my tank is a 29 gallon Bio cube. I was trying to add different zoas to one centeraly located peice of LR, I dont want to pull out that whole rock. What if I was to put the frag in a small cup with a peice of Rubble rock...