Recent content by theDeedo

1. theDeedo

leopard spot rabbitfish

yeah so, he aint a calupra eater, but I do like him alot. He loves to color change. I guess I am going to try a Naso next, hopefully he will eat it.
  2. theDeedo

niger trigger

thats weird. I was in a fish store as well yesterday when I heard it.
  3. theDeedo

niger trigger

I have heard recently that the Niger Trigger is the most reef safe of all Triggers because they will not eat at corals but may eat smaller inverts. Anyone else know of this being true?
  4. theDeedo

leopard spot rabbitfish

Just got this little guy last night. I dont have a picture of it myself but I am posting a link of the best picture I could find that represents him well. He is a neat fish, and likes to change colors and camoflauge himself against the rocks. Gold Spotted Rabbitfish - Siganus punctatus I...
  5. theDeedo

calurpra munchers

Anyone here ever had a Sailfin, or Naso Tang eat calurpra(sp)?
  6. theDeedo

Melanurus Wrasse

yeah I think I will give it a go. They are such a beautiful fish, and I know they clear out pest. But will he decimate my amphipod population? I like my amphipods because they are a great part of my CUC, and good food for other fish (like the wrasse) if need be. Just not sure how voracious of an...
  7. theDeedo

Fs: Zoa and Paly

wow beautiful! After Christmas I will be doing quite a bit of coral shopping
  8. theDeedo

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

awww man that sucks! sorry to hear that.
  9. theDeedo

How do you anchor Caulerpa

yeah for a fuge maybe. This stuff spreads like the plague. but nitrates do stay at zero, and as far as I am concerned that's a fair trade
  10. theDeedo

Coraline Algae on back walls

scraping is a good method and it works to spread it. Mine is spotty as well. With me it comes and goes. One week its all over the next week it looks like its fading, and then in a week or two its back. The saltwater hobbyist I got my tank from said his tank was covered and thick, and he claims...
  11. theDeedo

How do you anchor Caulerpa

just dont let it into the display tank, I had some get loose in mine and now I am having problems controlling it. Tucking it under a rock works best. I am contimplating buying a scopas tang to see if he will eat it. Hopefully when my fuge is fully functional it will die off im my DT. I am...
  12. theDeedo

feather dusters and fan worms

I had a cowfish once, that devoured them.
  13. theDeedo

Chalice trouble?

I have 2 250w MH, & PCs in a 110gal tall. Its on a frag rack on the sand bed atm.. I will test mag and ALK, and let you know. But The tissue is not receding. I moved it a few days ago, waiting on signs of improvement.
  14. theDeedo

Cuttlefish Eggs!!

JandR, why are you worried about the calupera going sexual in the same tank with the cuttles? will it hurt them?
  15. theDeedo

detaching coral matting

anyone else had any experience removing matted corals?