Recent content by Thauro77

1. T

Zoa´s & Blasto´s problems

Hey guys I was just wondering if somebody can advice and help me. My zoos are disappearing and closing up. Some of the zoas are closing while others are still open. I have started adding iodine on a daily basis but nothing is happening just yet. I could really use some help from you the...
  2. T

bubble coral not opening?????

Ok I took a water sample to my LFS and they said that the amonia levels were present but nothing that a water change would not fix. They said they were low enough to be picked up by the test kit but not harmful. I am also using RO water for the last three months and I have seen little to none...
  3. T

bubble coral not opening?????

Hello Guys Please, can anyone help???? I had a neon green bubble coral for the last two months. He has not opened fully at all regardless of anything I had done. I had change the current, the lighting, I had placed the bubble coral in low ligh and bright light, with strong flow and low flow. I...
  4. T

Wave makers.....anyone??????????

Hello DaveK I was really planning to keep both types of corals in my tank. I have seen them at places were they both live together. Is it possible?
  5. T

Wave makers.....anyone??????????

Hey Guys So, I got me a new 125g acrylic tank and I am in need of advice. What kind of wave maker should I get to creat a nice movement and water flow in the tank. Should I get a 1600 GPH or a 3200 GPH and what kind or brand do you recommend? I will really appreciate your help and advice...
  6. T

Maintnance and good husebandry practices????

Hey BigAl07 So, I started removing my bioballs from the tank, slowly as recommended. The sound of the driping water is killing me, lol. So, if removong the bioballs, how am I supposed to set up the new sump with no bioballs. I know the filter sock is one addition I need, i was also encouraged...
  7. T

Oh my, oh my, I will listen to all your wise advise. I will start getting rid off the bioballs and invest in the skimmer. I am trying to find also a good RO unit that I can hook up to my kitchen sink. I will stop adding things to the tank. Should I also stop adding calcium? And I can´t get rid...
  8. T

The nitrate is probbably 0.25 then since I have a really hard time reading the colors, lol. So, just run the tank with the sump filter and the refugium??
  9. T

Hello MrSalt The hang on the back refugium has a bult in skimmer that it just doesn´t want to work. I also forgot to mention that I have a GFO reactor, I bought it because I was told it was far more important than a refugium or a skimmer. Will this make a good diference if I set it up to...
  10. T

Hello David Hello Mikecc and David So, the pics are for the same tank. I have 4 fishes in there, 1 Engineer Blenny, 2 Damsels and an Atlantic Tang that was supposed to eat my green hair algae but not. I have a huge clean-up crew with snails, and hermit crabs and blue legged crabs and...
  11. T

Hello Mikecc and David So, the pics are for the same tank. I have 4 fishes in there, 1 Engineer Blenny, 2 Damsels and an Atlantic Tang that was supposed to eat my green hair algae but not. I have a huge clean-up crew with snails, and hermit crabs and blue legged crabs and they dont touch...
  12. T

Thanks mikecc, i will love to hear form you
  13. T

Hello Guys I am writing to all of you, aquarist experts, because I am simply about to quit. From 2004 to 2009 I had in my house a 100g reef tank with a DIY turf algae scrubber filter and a light system combo of 15k metal halides and atnic blue lights. To be honest, I changed water every 2 or...
  14. T

My New LED light system

You know, the box they came on is blank with no info and the fish place where I bought them is now closed. This just happend last week. I am a little nervious about the store been gone.
  15. T

My New LED light system

Yeah, well, shoot... Come again? LOL So I see that there are two little knobs that control the intensity on both blue and white from 0 to 10, thats it. And they are also separate switches for turning the lights (blue and white) on and off. Here is a picture of the top of the lights...