Recent content by tankobsessed

1. tankobsessed

Tonga Nassarius eggs EVERYWHERE!

Hi All! Within the past few days, I have noticed little eggs which I have researched and identified as Tonga Nassarius Snail eggs all up and down the corners of my tank. I was so excited until I researched further and saw that Nassarius are almost impossible to breed in captivity, and that...
  2. tankobsessed

Weirdest hitchhiker I've EVER seen..

Me too. :( The hitchhiker forum is one of my favorite to look at, I don't know why, but it intrigues me so much! Guess I got a little worked up. No one else in my house seemed to care too much what it was. We happened to have company when I asked my husband to pull the rock out so I could...
  3. tankobsessed

I think you are exactly right, I don't know why that didn't come to me....although I don't know why it would have - I'm not all that experienced. haha! But, yes, now that you said that - I do think that's what it was. Will there be a problem since it died in my tank? (i assume). I mean, is it...
  4. tankobsessed

So, here it is - and I don't know what it is, but it's definitely dead. And I knocked the fins or tails or anything off while I was prodding it. When we pulled out the rock and got it out - this is what was left. Does anybody have the slightest idea of what it might be? Or should I take...
  5. tankobsessed

I did have all of the bali rock shipped here from reefhotspot.com. We got quite a bit of it, and we did cure it for a while, but I kept looking in there and never saw the first hitch hiker. Now this thing is front and center, and (although I may have accidentally killed it :-( by prodding it)...
  6. tankobsessed

Hey guys, I'm going to take that rock out tonight after supper. It is seriously the weirdest thing. See, the red thing I mentioned, well, I sorta accidentally poked it off (it came off easily in my defense) while I was trying to get a better view. BUT after that, when I slid it down -...
  7. tankobsessed

Shoot! Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I posted it to my gallery no problem, but I can't seem to get it to show up on this.
  8. Weird cocoon hitchhiker1

Weird cocoon hitchhiker1

Craziest hitchhiker I've ever seen. Not sure what it is, but going to figure it out!
  9. tankobsessed

[/IMG] Hopefully it'll post this time.
  10. tankobsessed

Hi! We put some Bali premium rock in our tank (after curing it for a while) about 3 days ago. I started to notice something inside some of the branches of one of the top pieces. As I watched it, it seemed to look like a cocoon - it is about the size of 2 double A batteries lined up top to...
  11. tankobsessed

Egg sack? Caulerpa multiplying?

I got it out upon first recommendation to do so. (Or my husband did rather) So, It's out - I didn't know it was such a bad thing to have - I like to make the tank look more "alive" and I thought that would help because it looks like grass. Soo, I removed it. But, I still don't know what the...
  12. tankobsessed

Maybe that picture isn't good enough. I'll try attaching another one. It isn't a great big deal, I was just curious because they are kind of popping up in various places and I want to make sure they aren't some sort of pest. Thank you again for looking! And please correct me if there is...
  13. tankobsessed

Hey guys! I told ya I'd be back with another silly question soon!! We put a little caulerpa in the tank that we got in the same bag as a coral not too long ago. I don't mind the way it looks in there but now I'm reading that it will multiply too fast and it isn't good to have except in the...
  14. tankobsessed

amphipod? isopod? household bug?

Thank you! That was very interesting. After browsing these sites, I feel better because this bug didn't have the obvious beady eyes that some of those scary isopods do! He was a rather slow moving little guy. Thank you for looking and for sharing your resource with me.
  15. tankobsessed

amphipod? isopod? household bug?

What a great link!!! I'm going to save that to my favorites, thank you!! I promise, I attempted to search for it myself before boring everyone with my questions but I couldn't find it! You are right! It definitely looked like an Isopod, specifically Deto Echinata. Or maybe Isopoda...