Recent content by TangMang232

1. TangMang232

Mc Nasty's McNew TANk

hope things fall back into place soon. On the bright side, your tank is looking very good indeed. I suspect that when you get your coral palced were you like it, it will be 100 times better. Have a great night and relax for awhile.
  2. TangMang232

Tony's 150

i like the way the tank is coming. I still dont have what i like for scaping, and i have a ton of coral..... A bit of stress everytime it changes so i suggest figuring it out before a lot of coral come your way lol. Have fun though, and of course keep the pics coming.
  3. TangMang232

Tang in a 65G

My tang was in a 65 for a year, and i saw no signs of him growing from date of purchase. Hes been eating the same offered greens, algae sheets, lettuce and green frozen foods. Also included in this diet is brine shrimp, mysis and every now and then, some marine cuisine. Hes currently in a 120...
  4. TangMang232

dragonet

neither of the dragonets are on prepared foods. How often would you suggest adding pods to the sump??
  5. TangMang232

AquaC EV issue

i have the skimmer built up on a stand, with plans to plump it inline eventually. Im still not getting any skimmate and closing the valve 3/4's of the way appears to do nothing but make water come out of the air inlet holes. i suppose ill be going back to the original skimmer i was using. Thanks...
  6. TangMang232

dragonet

lol. I ask a lot of questions but i prefer to be safe the sorry lol. Ive owned a mandarian in my 65 gallon before, but he didn't seem to be getting enough food. Gave it to a friend to hold for a while until i get my upgrade finished, now its 6 months away from being mine again lol. thanks again...
  7. TangMang232

AquaC EV issue

last call lol????
  8. TangMang232

dragonet

so far so good with the scooters. The mandarian will be added in about 6 months. I want to make sure the tank is ready and the longer the wait the better. thanks for all the help. Have a good night.
  9. TangMang232

dragonet

So i have 2 scooter dragonets (Synchiropus ocellatus) and i was wondering if they would be able to coexist with a mandarian (Pterosynchiropus splendidus)?? the tank is a 120 with refuium. Would this put a strain on the micro food population? thanks for all your thoughts.
  10. TangMang232

AquaC EV issue

anybody???
  11. TangMang232

AquaC EV issue

So i have an AquaC EV 150 or now the 180, ran on a mag 9.5 pump, and it has drilled air holes (made larger). The issue is i cant get it to skim, i know its only been a few days but its still not creating any foam what so ever, is this normal. Also would the level in the sump have anything to do...
  12. TangMang232

How tall is your canopy?

Why not try running a different lighting system all together. Its money to change over, but if you decided to go T5's you could get plenty of light out of them and probably keep SPS anyways. this will reduce the glare and heat issues that ive noticed even PCs have potential to create, and you...
  13. TangMang232

please post your opinions

i know this didnt take long lol, i think what im going to do is get a 4 bulb 4ft retro kit and keep the 3 VHOs on the tank already. This would still give me a lot of light and allow me to grow virtually anything, Dont you think?? Now what i need is for someone to give me the measurement of...
  14. TangMang232

okay, its settled lol. Send the new VHOs back and trade for T5s. Now the tank is 24 inches front to back, and the way the canopy is designed, id be allowed 11 bulbs, but will most likely do 10 as was mentioned earlier in the thread. Are VHO bulbs good at growing coral, as in could i keep them...
  15. TangMang232

So currently my 120 has 3 46.5 inch T12 VHO bulbs. I did purchase two more bulbs and ballast, but got to thinking. Would it be better to switch all the lights over to T-5s with there own reflectors and run more bulbs. What do you guys think, should i stick with VHO or swith to T5 HO's???? In...