Recent content by Sy101

1. S

Deltec MC500 or Euroreef Nano Skimmer for RSM 250

I can't comment on the euro skimmer however I've installed the mc500, there is a minor cut required under the flap to mount the skimmers bracket but it can't not be seen from the outside and the lid closes fully. The skimmer does pull a lot of **** from the water enough that my wife complains...
  2. S

Jeff's RSM 400

Hi Jeff How's the tank coming along? I'm really tempted by the new s series's and was looking at a 650 my lfs has on display today and a couple of things worry me, 1st masses & masses of micro-bubbles and 2nd the "water fall" noise in the sump. Just wondered if had had any issues or it's just...
  3. S

Jeff's RSM 400

Great rock work Jeff, it looks like you have a massive table top space to mount your corals
  4. S

Sy's RSM250 adventure

In hind sight I should have brought the marine blue aquaray because of the combo of white & blue LEDs. I do really like the shimmer it gives and it seems a lot brighter than 1 t5 but I'm only running mine at 80% because the blue is so over powering. Bad luck on your aquaray, 1 is enough to add...
  5. S

Sy's RSM250 adventure

You'll love the new bulbs and so will your corals. I heard this week that our main online retailer will soon be getting the Steve T media rack. What media are you planning to run with. I like the idea of adding a light in the sump and growing cheato I love the idea of LEDs but my main...
  6. S

Sy's RSM250 adventure

I transferred 17kg LR from my 1 st reef tank and added about 10kg from my local store. The new rock was full of live which was a good & a bad thing! Loads of feather dusters, bits of coral but I the downside I've 'been crab fishing serval times lol How much rock have you ordered for your 400?
  7. S

36" 6x39W Lights T5 - Recommendations

I brought a set of Ati bulbs for my rsm 250 is December and from the beginning the ends of the aqua blue specials were black. Is that normal for Ati bulbs (or any bulbs for that matter) or it that a sign of something wrong? Main reason I ask is I'm still getting diatoms dispute no no3, po4 or...
  8. S

Sy's RSM250 adventure

Thanks Jeffrey, I've been following your tank thread through incredible jealous eyes lol I can't wait to see it come to life
  9. S

Sy's RSM250 adventure

Hi David, I hear good things on here about reef geeks I'd try there. Ati bulbs are fairly hard to find here in the uk but well worth it. Thanks John, both me and my corals seem to really love the crisp light from the Ati bulbs. Better still there over £30 cheaper than the standard rsm bulbs lol
  10. S

Sy's RSM250 adventure

Cheers dan I'm sure your tank will do soon, I'm thinking it won't be to long until I'll need to frag some of these corals as your the only reefer I know local to me I'll give ya 1st dibs lol Regarding the profiliux I'm not sure yet. I want to add the Ato plus I like your rain effects. Im...
  11. S

Tok's RSM 250

Nice looking tanks. Hope it's 3rd time lucky, good luck
  12. S

Sy's RSM250 adventure

I've switched the bulbs around again this time for a whiter crisp light all ATI bulbs Front to back Aquablue special Purple plus Blue Blue Aquablue special Aquablue special The ati bulbs have definently increased coral growth & colour
  13. S

Sy's RSM250 adventure

Seems like my mini tank crash as sorted itself out, I've been doing larger water changes for the last 3 weeks of 40lt instead of 25lt. All corals and remaining fish are looking great and healthy. I believe this is a seriatopora of some type (correct me if I'm wrong) Mr mandarin is back...
  14. S

Dans pearl white RSM250 finally

The shop in Watton is blue sea aquatics, thats where Ive started buying from now, there dry goods r cheaper than the online stores plus they keep a great stock of both corals & fish. Believe it or they have frags from £2!! How you getting on with your profilux? I love mine but I'm not using it...
  15. S

Deltec Internal Protein Skimmer MC500 in a RSM 250

1 small mod, you have to cut away the support curved angle just to the left of the skimmer. This allows you hang deltec bracket. I used a hacksaw blade, neat job done in 5 mins. Then you simply slide deltec skimmer in and adjust height. Oh and enjoy the peace and quiet lol