Recent content by stiffler70

1. S

Need Help ASAP!!

i bought him friday and before bed noticed he had come down with it. Saturday though it seemed to look better come sunday it was getting worse once again, he still has a hell of an appetite always running around eating and hes not even shy anymore (uncommon for powder browns to not be shy after...
  2. S

Need Help ASAP!!

Hey everyone, I just bought a powder brown tang, hes eating and hes really active, but unfortunatly like most powder brown tangs are, he came down with ich. So far nothing else in the tank seems to be infected, but its been a full day since hes been in the tank and he seems to have gotten worse...
  3. S

My 60G Tank and Open Concept Stand

As promised, i have taken some fotos of the standpipe i have been working on. I drilled a series of 3 holes, one on the bottom and one on either side. I couldnt find plugs to cover the holes that the overflow box had already so I drilled a larger hole to remove the pipe that extended inward...
  4. S

custom wavemaker?

well i wouldn't just be using the one pump in my 60g tank, no way would i be able to any proper flow or circulation in my tank. That idea i have though was more to remove debris from the monti's or chalices etc. Any plate like coral essentially. i also want to hide the wavemakers, koralias...
  5. S

October 2010 POTM Contest!

If that urchin shot hasnt been tampered with, it has my vote, and the votes of many others by the looks of things :)
  6. S

I need help stocking a 2000 gallon tank

lol, im all up for following this too. I guess if all is given it doesnt hurt to try out :) Just remember, patience is key with saltwater, Rome wasnt built in a day, neither is a saltwater tank. Be sure to cure your liverock (thats going to stink)
  7. S

custom wavemaker?

5 hours and only 1 response, i thought this would generate a wider discussion :P anyways, i never thought of linear vs non-linear water flow, you bring about a good point. What if i were to hook up that wavemaker to a wavemaker controller, like the red sea wavemaster, to control the flow and...
  8. S

honestly, unless you won the lottery, remove that tank, and put a much smaller tank in its place. It will cost you less money to remove that and install a much smaller one (if you wish to still have the "in the wall" look"
  9. S

2200 gallon system, honestly as big as that sounds, you dont have near enough space for all that livestock you listed. I would just do 2 bamboo sharks and a blue spotted stingray and other little fish like a porkfish and some monos. not to mention you cannot mix most triggers with those fish.
  10. S

custom wavemaker?

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone has every tried making a custom wavemaker. I dont mean actually making one from scratch but instead purchasing a wavemaker like the one below in the picture, and then adding a T junction or 4 way junction and connecting flexible tubing to direct the flow...
  11. S

good clean-up crew for sps tank?

lol, yeah posted by the original poster, that being me who started this thread and mentioned them :). Im not sure but i would assume acro crabs would also help keeping blue leg hermits off the acros seeing as they are territorial. Yes, no? opinions?
  12. S

Thanks for that pic, and thanks for everyone who put their input, it really helped me decide which route i wa going to go for clean up crew :), thanks guys.
  13. S

New to ReefSanctuary

thanks to all who posted and made me welcome :)
  14. S

and to bigjay, your lucky lol, i live in canada!!
  15. S

Would it be dependant on the TYPE of SPS corals you have? for example, blue leg hermits (or any hermits) on monti caps? or do they refrain from walkin on those? and to bigjay, your lucky lol, i live in canada!!