Recent content by Stealthy Ninja

1. Stealthy Ninja

Stealthy's White Box with water inside

"fragged" my first coral the other day. Not hard. Just cut off a branch and stuck it elsewhere. LOL
  2. Stealthy Ninja

This is what you guys mean by a "hospital tank"?

Posted another one, but decided it was a bit sad.
  3. Stealthy Ninja

Rearranged my tank a bit. OLD: NEW: I want to use more of my tank space and also make some more "shelf room" for future corals. Oh and I also removed the blue background. I might put something back later, but I quite like it personally. Oh and the latter picture is under...
  4. Stealthy Ninja

This is what you guys mean by a "hospital tank"?

Just wondering. :tongue:
  5. Stealthy Ninja

Video: Hermit Crabs Distributing Eggs

If I see anything interesting again I'll video it. :) The male has since let the female go... so if a hermit carries another around for days, don't pull them apart (unless perhaps it's obvious one is getting hurt). Most likely they're just mating.
  6. Stealthy Ninja

Reef Central Ban

Thread Necro time. My first two posts on any reef site were on this site and RC. This site got me nicer responses, more responses and has a better "vibe". So I'm staying here.
  7. Stealthy Ninja

Video: Hermit Crabs Distributing Eggs

For the last few days a large hermit crab has been carrying around (not harming) a much smaller one.The smaller didn't seem concerned and I thought I'd let nature take its course (I was a bit concerned the big one was attacking the little one). Then last night I noticed the smaller (female...
  8. Stealthy Ninja

Guy got back to me about that. He's negotiating with someone who wants the whole tank, but he'll get back to me if that falls through. For the last few days a large hermit crab has been carrying around (not harming) a much smaller one.The smaller didn't seem concerned and I thought I'd let...
  9. Stealthy Ninja

I have an opportunity to get some things for free (though I'm a bit late replying to the guy who advertised and probably it's all gone by now, but I'll try) I'm at least going to try and get the rocks :D I'll skip the angelfish as I'm pretty sure my corals won't take kindly to that fish...
  10. Stealthy Ninja

Yeh good point. I'm not too worried about it, in fact I wouldn't mind some more algae on the back wall. Coralline would be best of course. ;) I think the hardest thing about this hobby is patience. :tumble:
  11. Stealthy Ninja

Was down and out for a bit with a bad neck/back. Though took some measurements over the weekend. Nitrates down to 3ppm (previously 4ppm) Phosphates up slightly (probably due to me decreasing flow through the GFO in order to reduce GFO dust in the skimmer) 0.08ppm (from 0.04ppm)...
  12. Stealthy Ninja

Thanks. Yeh could be a small ammonia spike, but I think the mandarin was probably dying already, but the watchman goby was a bit of a mystery. The clowns were probably put in a little early (maybe the nitrites were still in there and the tank wasn't quite finished) or they could have been a...
  13. Stealthy Ninja

Well it won't pop out and leak now: I guess I'll skip my water change this weekend. hah I used the opportunity to lower my skimmer slightly. Looks/operates better now.
  14. Stealthy Ninja

just found out my tank has leaked. Sump emptied onto the floor. It was the pipe coming out of the reactors. It pumped everything out of the sump. Sigh. I can't leave work so I'll have to guide our maid through the issue and I'll be going to get some extra pipe etc. to make it safer today...
  15. Stealthy Ninja

Forgot I did some tests last week and things are looking slightly better. Nitrates are especially doing better. Ammonia: 0 ppm Nitrite: 0 ppm Nitrate 4ppm (previously 10) Phosphate: 0.04ppm Calcium 435ppm Alk: 8.7dKH Mag: 1560 (coming down still a bit too high) Salinity: 1.026 Ph...