Recent content by sparklesmcgraw

1. S

Quiet hood fans in the UK

Im gonna try these, the fans are starting to annoy me quite a bit. Do they fit without any modifications? I thought the standard fans were 50x50mm?
  2. S

Dirty tank syndrome :-(

Maybe try going lights out for a few days? It might help the algae recede. Sounds like you have tried most other things!
  3. S

Cleaner Shrimp Missing!!!!!!!!

What about a rogue crab or some other nasty hitch hiker? Might be worth having a good look around the tank with a flashlight after lights out.
  4. S

Skimmer stopped working...??

The blue 500. There are a few posts here of members fitting them to their 130's. Try a search sorry but on my phone and it's tricky to search on it for you.
  5. S

Skimmer stopped working...??

I would go with the turboflotor skimmer. Great skimmer and fits great in the back chamber with the media rack. Very happy with it since I changed out the tunze.
  6. S

Algae probs

Don't forgot to check your bulbs aren't too old. The only time I get algae outbreaks is when I forget to change my tubes!
  7. S

Sparklesmcgraw's RSM 130D

Thought id try a wee video
  8. S

Well guys here's some more pics for you :) Sad to say it but I am really enjoying the tank with the Lemonpeel gone as I can finally focus on nice corals for a while. All in all the tank is doing well and my Acans are starting to recover well now they aren't being picked on. I changed out my...
  9. S

MP10 - Placement

I put mine in the power centre of my RSM 130. Works a treat and keeps the slim and neat look of tank. looks great I think.
  10. S

I am going to replace my Ecoxotic blue stunner strip as about half of the LED's have burnt out. I was looking around and saw these: RGB Panorama Pro LED Module Would it be worth getting a controllable RGB instead of another stunner? I know they are bit brighter and have colour options...
  11. S

I cartainly would love one of those. Trick is getting that doesn't nip!
  12. S

Thanks a lot guys, I am going to focus on getting some nice bright corals which should really set it off. I like bright colours :) I think I am going to buy a couple of new Eheim 600 circ pumps too. The ones I have in there just now dont seem to be putting out as much flow as they once did...
  13. S

what is the best led unit that fits on the 130d

What is the wattage output of those Modular LED's. Is the PAR level higher than the stock bulbs? High enough for demanding SPS?
  14. S

help with fishtank unkown thing

Sounds like it could be a Mantis?? They will take a fish if they can.
  15. S

how much Seachem Purigen

Touche. I run it all the time in mine and have had zero issues. My Nitrates never go above 0.5ppm :)