Recent content by snail

1. S

what anenome should I buy?

Ok, thanks for the tip, I'll try to secure my corals well. Does anyone have experience of an anemone that never settled down ie is always wondering about knocking things over?
  2. S

water treatment

Thanks all, my tap water has A LOT of calcium in it (I'm always cleaning it out of the bottom of our electric kettle). Is that going to be a problem when filtering the water?
  3. S

probably I'll get MH but I've not got anything yet,still looking into it.
  4. S

water treatment

Thanks, I'm also woried about the heat MH generate. I live in Portugal, it's very hot in the summer.
  5. S

I wont get an anemone untill the tank is at least a year old. Will keeping an anemone with corals cause seriouse problems ie should I not consider combining?
  6. S

water treatment

Thanks. Are MH more expensive run or just to buy in the first place?
  7. S

water treatment

I'm all for saving $, not to mention trying to give the inhabitants of my tank a decent life. If I use kalk how often will i need to add it?
  8. S

thanks, Do you recomend that i don't get any particular variety?
  9. S

Aragite - An alternative to Live Rock?

I don't know anything about it but this thought seems to make sense. I have seen 'live rock' that looked like it didn't have anything alive about it. Prehaps it's all relative. Does anyone else have personal experience?
  10. S

I am planning on setting up a reef tank 78 g and I'd like an anenome. Don't worry I won't do anything stupid like put it in the tank before it is ready but I'd like to have some idea on what my longer term plans are while i'm still deciding on what setup I'll have. I've heard that some...
  11. S

Mojoreef's Water Treatment Methods

me too! I have a question about the UV too, doesn't it affect the bacteria in the tank as well as bigger critters?
  12. S

water treatment

Thank you all for understanding. The link for abbreviations is wonderful blue! It will save me loads of time and puzzlement! Do I have to add calcium to the water to keep corals and if so how often?
  13. S

water treatment

Thanks for helping me. So far I only have the tank :-). I want to take my time to work out my best options so that I don't have too many regrets afterwards. I'm trying to be patient! Sorry to be thick but what does MH stand for?
  14. S

water treatment

I don't have anything yet. Just the tank (78 g) I'm new to the reef hobby (i've had a a brackish water tank for 5 years) I'm thinking of setting up a reef aquarium and I'm looking into what I will have to buy to get set up ie water filters.
  15. S

water treatment

what should I do to my water before i put it in my reef tank? I'm planning on a 78 g setup with easier to keep corals and fish.