Recent content by sicksnoopy71

1. sicksnoopy71

2 things, 1st, IM SO STUPID!!

Mike, I'm sorry I came off rude. I was just merely trying to state that I would rather lose one sea-star rather than all my corals because of not keeping my sand-bed stirred enough to break up hydrogen pocket build-up. And you have no case to rest if there is no case. You have to prove...
  2. sicksnoopy71

2 things, 1st, IM SO STUPID!!

I don't agree with you Mike Johnson. What benefits? In my opinion a sand-sifter is a reef saving animal. They keep the sand bed sifted so that your nitrates won't build-up. Yes the die eventually but I would rather they die than my whole tank full of corals because I let a "benefit" sand bed...
  3. sicksnoopy71

New tank cycling

Yeah. Stop dosing! What people mean by cycle is allowing the tank to go through it's natural biological processes. Bacteria only needed to be added once to spark this effect. The brown is the first stage this will go away eventually. Start out small. a couple snails and hermits to get the brown...
  4. sicksnoopy71

Clownfish sleeping vertically - any problem?

Yea they sleep pretty cool. Most aren't afraid to sleep out in the open. head down-butt up, horizontal, belly sideways, seen it all in how they sleep.
  5. sicksnoopy71

Large or small water change(s)?

Massive water changes every two days. (At least 50%) This gives your corals a chance to not stress as bad while you cut nitrates in half each time. This has happened to me before. If you just recently moved rocks around and aren't aware of how much your feeding, all that caught up food in sand...
  6. sicksnoopy71

Sump Design Help

Wow. Major Skimmate alright! Thats funny. Dude is talking about how it's in his mouth.
  7. sicksnoopy71

Damselfish?

That's ^ because the fire-fish is a super fast fish and usually creates a pretty good hiding spot where he can chill all day. Once the damsel finds him again he'll try again to fight him. They never give up. Hunter1 for sure you can keep bigger and somewhat equally aggressive fish with the...
  8. sicksnoopy71

MP10 Question

Definitely overkill for a 29gallon. I have a 49cube and am going to add one to my tank with maybe a fan or two. :explode:
  9. sicksnoopy71

Banggai cardinalfish - Sick help identify proper treatment

They should be fine with copper treatment I believe, personally I have never had any but most fish do well with it, just buy the copper safe. Clowns are usually way more resilient to disease, some you won't even know they have anything until you spot them scratching face.They are just hardier...
  10. sicksnoopy71

Bubble coral baby? id help.

Yeah super cool.
  11. sicksnoopy71

student looking for some advice

I would add fresh water to it to make it at-least 1.020 at the highest salinity. From what you are saying you should be fine. i would back the light away some depending on how thick bottles are you are using and how much heat the light is giving off. But again you should be fine. Mine sit like...
  12. sicksnoopy71

student looking for some advice

yes. it has to be at 1.019 salinity to work. you must top-off with freshwater also everyday or other day depending on your set-up.
  13. sicksnoopy71

Is this too much lighting on my BioCube 29g?

Change Bulb to 20k if you want perfection. 150watt is perfect for that size. Just be sure to introduce corals slowly bottom-up. :girlthumb:
  14. sicksnoopy71

phosphate

I think your problem from the picture may be to fish and poo. Get a goby to sift food off sand bed and keep up with water changes and look into your filtration. I don't think .25 is bad but it can get better. Remember as dude said from up top- water changes carry phosphates so try not to do the...