Recent content by seerious

1. S

Yellow Tang rotting away

Great forum response, thanks again Funny you mentioned the cyanide issue, for the woman at the LFS mentioned it as well, claiming they "think" all the livestock is netted, or raised etc, but she fears some of the fish may be arriving dosed with the residuals of the cyanide used to stun them on...
  2. S

Yellow Tang rotting away

THANKS EVERYBODY, but the Tang is no longer with us THANKS for all the advice, and i actually tried a few ideas already like soaking the seaweed in both vitamin-C, and some Garlic extract to attract him to eat, but he still would not eat, and the Tank is a 55 gallon that has a nice area for the...
  3. S

Yellow Tang rotting away

unsure of fin-rot David, i'm not certain if it is or isn't, for the Tang looked great a few days ago in the LFS, yet suddenly after only three days in my tank it's rotting away and stressed, while the others acclimated fine and show no signs of any fin-rot etc. I hope someone is an "expert" on...
  4. S

Yellow Tang rotting away

I have a small reef with clowns, cardinals, gobies and NO problems with any of them, except for the recent addition of a Yellow Tang who after a few days appears to be losing his fins to ??? they are literally rotting away, yet the nitrates in the tank are at a safe level, and he's hovering at...
  5. S

BTA's can sting Clams

i have a BTA that just ate a rather large bi-colored angel whole in one and then regurgitated the "leftovers" for me to clean up...Yet i've heard they're difficult to keep so i'm guessing we should just be glad they're doing so well, even though they leave death and destruction nearby ; )...
  6. S

Anenome advice needed

Hi all, i have a 55 gallon with VHO's housing assorted corals, hard and soft, as well as two clowns, two bangai cardinals, two gobies and a bubble-tipped anenome which is HUGE, so i'm very happy with his growth, BUT recently i added a bi-colored angel which was devoured by the anenome within...