Recent content by Scuba Steve

1. S

I could cry

Hi again everyone I would like to sincerely thank all those that took the time to respond and also thank you to reef sanctuary for giving me the medium to be able to vent. To respond to some of the issues raised: I did not forget or simply fail to observe protocols. I instead placed my...
  2. S

I could cry

Thanks Mike.........sigh
  3. S

I could cry

Thanks Mike but I did this originally. And a closer inspection of at least one other fish has already exposed at least one spot. Ok I need a chair and a rope...............this is so depressing
  4. S

I could cry

Thanks Tokalosh.....Only problem with this game is I have 5 chances to miss
  5. S

I could cry

Hi everyone It has been a while since I posted anything here so apologies for my absence. I HAVE WHITESPOT! The worst 3 words one could ever say. 3 words I thought I would never utter again. And of course its my own fault. About 4 years ago I got wiped out and from that moment on I purchased...
  6. S

I don't understand

Thanks for the CUC explanation. I live in Australia so the reef cleaners unfortunately cant help me :-( Also just read that ATS do not work and only mangae to spread the algae by falling back into the tank. Also, according to the forum, the theory on them is all wrong. But I do need to keep...
  7. S

I don't understand

Also I have been researching and considering algal scrubbers. Any comments? Have read about one from SantaMonica but cant find one to purchase
  8. S

I don't understand

Hi again I guess now u can understand my frustration. Sorry but not familiar with the cuc abbreviation?
  9. S

I don't understand

Hi ddelozier Wow....thank you so much for going out of your way to provide such an extensive answer. Let me say what I find so confusing is that I seem to be doing everything right but firstly let me answer your questions: 1. I do use RO water sourced through my own unit. Replaced all...
  10. S

I don't understand

Hi everyone My tale of woe begins with the old saying: Be careful what you wish for! About 6 months ago I had a crazy thought. Wouldn't it be nice to see just a little greenery on my reef. So to this end I changed my metal halide bulbs to ones of a lower kelvin and sat back and waited to be...
  11. S

Hair algae and deep sand bed

I don't plan to stock other corals than mushroom but I like the ripple effect you get with halides. The tank is about 8 years since I set it up again from moving. My tank had no algae whatsoever so thought it would be nice to attract a little foliage here and there. The new lights are definately...
  12. S

Hair algae and deep sand bed

Hi Guys Hope everyone is well :-) I have an 800ltr reef tank but with only a few mushroom corals and fish. I recently replaced my 15000k halide lights with 12000k looking to achieve some green growth in my tank. This may have been coincidental or maybe a mistake but I am now...
  13. S

Plastic Gate Valves

Are they available online or anywhere in Australia?
  14. S

Cleaning substrate?

Ok I have emptied my fuge and removed the tank. I have 4 x 20kg buckets all nearly full of sand. Any more ideas on how to clean plz? Regards
  15. S

Cleaning substrate?

Not a bad idea Caligirl but its going to take a lot of buckets