Recent content by Scott Conoly

1. Scott Conoly

Scott's rsm250 updated thread

The tank is coming along. 8 months after starting in finally liking how it's evolving Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Scott Conoly

Latter is an earlier pic Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Scott Conoly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Scott Conoly

Here's how the tank is doing now. GFO working well in phosban reactor, currently in just trying to figure out why my trachyphillia is bleaching. May need less/more direct light? Opinions appreciated. Thanks guys Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Scott Conoly

Thanks again! Learning the subtleties is trying but kinda the fun part too Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Scott Conoly

MatroxD THANK you for your words of advice! I stopped the GFO until I could better grasp what was going on. When I restarted it, I used 1/2 cup for my 65 gallons in my phosban 150 reactor. Hopefully this pans out better. How frequently would you initially change-out the GFO? Every week...
  7. Scott Conoly

Parameters were ok, phos had dropped to 0.11 from 0.23 within a few days but otherwise Params were consistent. Can GFO do this? Is the ferrous oxide dangerous? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Scott Conoly

9. Scott Conoly

Got some issues now. My CBB stopped eating (barely ever did, even the few aptasia went more or less untouched), developed ich then had to be put down [emoji17]Added a phosban reactor to my system right around the time the CBB was getting worse. Right before I pulled the CBB from the tank I...
  10. Scott Conoly

Help-no maintenance ideas

Can you take the tank/fish home with you? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Scott Conoly

Red Sea S-650 - Dave's marine adventure

12. Scott Conoly

13. Scott Conoly

Wow we must be on the same wavelength Dave.. Just got back from my lfs with a pretty new brain coral and..wait for it..a copper band.. Lol he and the tang seem happy together and so far the cb is eyeballing the few aptasia I have. <cross fingers> Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Scott Conoly

Curious about the square-tailed/yellow-eyed tang..does darkening represent decreased stress? Curious because mine is occasionally paler, less bluish. It seems happy as can be and is bossing it's other tank mates as usual but again, just curious Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. Scott Conoly

Wow that's friggin SWEET..thanks for the link! Now to see if I can talk the wife into it lol. I'll go the "saves money in the long run" route and see how that plays :) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk