Recent content by scastillo813

1. scastillo813

SCASTILLO's 120G reef build.

I Finallyyyyy started my cycle yesterday. No leaks and everything is going good so far. I also got the wifi for the apex all set up and I'm very pleased with its capabilities. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. scastillo813

It's been a little bit so here are some updates. I changed my mind and am going to go with the Hydra 52 (x2) for the lighting. I got the sump put in, although it almost didn't fit. The pluming is all done Cleaned up the wires Once I got the egg crating in, I put in the rock, then the...
  3. scastillo813

Deals RSM Owners might like...

Just in case everyone isn't aware of Marine Depots price match policy, they will match and other websites price, give you a better price, and then take 10% of that difference off of the total. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them recently, saved over $70 from their site by doing my research and...
  4. scastillo813

I finished up the top half and now I just have to make the doors for the front. Made some small shelves Spent way too much money, but only got the best 100lbs of AquaMaxx Went with an led bulb for my refugium I love my coral colors and growth so much on my Red Sea, that I'm going to go...
  5. scastillo813

Thank you I believe I've found my: skimmer - Bubble Magnus NAC-7 sump - Trigger Systems Ruby36S return pump - Mag-drive 12 RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs
  6. scastillo813

Between church and cutting down a tree today I didn't have much time to work on the stand, but found a few minutes to get some more done. How it looks with the tank on it. (Still no doors) Working on the trim to cover the plastic base of the tank. RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs
  7. scastillo813

Haha. No sir, it's been a chilly 50 degrees here. That's jacket weather here though. Thanks Greg, it's been a long two and a half days. Added the trim So close to being done I can taste it. Just have to cut and stain the doors. RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs
  8. scastillo813

Almost finished up the stand today. Started out by getting that majority of my pieces cut and fitted before I installed Added extra support to the front and doubled up the front horizontal brace. Also added an extra brace to hang/mount any accessories. Front opening is 30.5" Going to...
  9. scastillo813

We'll since my opening is going to be about 30" or so, I'm just going to add a brace at each side of where the opening will be. Can't be too safe and you won't see it any how Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. scastillo813

I was going to beef up that front more,but I'll be adding another inch or two of wood to the whole front and sides. Was also thinking of putting in a removable brace in the middle, but still on the fence for that. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. scastillo813

Started the stand today. Only got a few hours in, but here's the skeleton of it. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. scastillo813

I was also looking at the reef octopus 6" (or possibly the 8") pinwheel skimmer. I'll end up with a thick sand bed but I just need to figure out how much I need to get, so I don't order too much. The rock was just a rough estimate, since I'm not real sure how much it will all weigh. I want to...
  13. scastillo813

Picked up most of the lumber and put together the new return pipes. Going to start building the frame for the stand today. RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs
  14. scastillo813

SCASTILLO's RSM 250

Moving on up. Check out my new build thread! http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/89734-scastillos-120g-reef-build.html RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs
  15. scastillo813

Hey guys, Just picked up a Perfecto 120G (60x18x26 tall) drilled tank yesterday. I has two corner drains and returns. This will be my first custom tank. I have a RSM250 and have done really well with it so far. I have a pretty good grasp of the hobby and most common knowledge of how things...