Recent content by SaltyTank

1. S

Slowness

I'm kinda slow anyway, so I didn't even really notice. Gotta say it's pretty perky now though :jumprope: -dave
  2. S

Introducing.....

Congrats! Love the location! -dave
  3. S

Sponsor Love Winners

I'm speechless! Is RS a great place or what, sponsors are the best also! I'm sure I'll be turning this prize around to one of them very soon. Congrats Woodstock and Gina! And thank you Travis! Feel the Love, Feel the Love! -dave
  4. S

Updated: over $1,000 in possible prizes

Is it tomorrow yet? :) -dave
  5. S

canister filter

I had an XP3 on a freshwater system a couple of years ago and tried an XP2 on my FOWLR when I first started it up. Both worked great when everything was just right - which was about 10% of the time. The rest of the time they were very noisy and huge micro-bubble generators. I would work for days...
  6. S

canister filter

Same with Rena Filstar. I finally threw mine in the dumpster - very aggressively. -dave
  7. S

Hello everyone

From one newbie to another - Welcome! -dave
  8. S

Been Lurking in the shadows

Wow, that is a nice setup FFMedic! -dave
  9. S

New Granddaughter

Thanks everyone! /s/ The proudest Grandpa ever!
  10. S

Water Clarifiers (HELP!)

I’ve used SeaChem Clarity and it does work, however I prefer to allow the tank to settle out on its own if at all possible, or filter it out. Clarifiers leave a residue (small clumps and strings of particulate) all over everything that you have to cleanup, plus it just seems like your adding...
  11. S

New Granddaughter

Yep, first one! -dave
  12. S

New Granddaughter

She's the "OK" kid :D -dave
  13. S

New Granddaughter

I know I still new around these parts, but I just gotta tell everyone about Emma, my new Granddaughter! I'm about to bust with pride!! :thumber: Check out some photos - http://homepage.mac.com/franksdl/PhotoAlbum5.html -dave
  14. S

Woodstock's 90 gallon

Great looking tank Woodstock! Glad the hunt was successful! -dave
  15. S

Starbucks Coffee

Some guys have all the luck! I just spent a week up in Park City, Utah attending a business conference. The folks at the conference center had fresh brewed Starbucks coffee available from 7:00am until 10:00pm each day - I was in heaven! -dave