Recent content by saltydog51

1. saltydog51

GlennF's reefing heaven!

super tank i'm it all us woking out for you.do you a backround in chemistry?will this work for all size tanks?I had a dream and it was your tank last night.lol great job this is why i like reefing.
  2. saltydog51

Video of my tanks.

wow awesome im jealous beautiful tanks.
  3. saltydog51

RO/DI clearner valve left open,, is water bad?

hey kyle,they are 100% correct.i have a barracuda ro/di from aquafx 200gpd a x-mas gift,but if you go on there web site aquafx.net they have videos on the units.even though yours might differennt,still they show things about flush valve kits and other cool vids.or you can go on you tube also for...
  4. saltydog51

happy new years

good morning, i just wanted to say happy new years hope this year is better,boy just think a whole new year to buy more corals and aquarium stuff lol,enjoy your day and remember family fisrt then reefing haha.
  5. saltydog51

ro/di water temp

i was using a "y" connector on the faucet so i can switch back and forth from the unit to the faucet.this way i can regulate the water temp better.
  6. saltydog51

ro/di water temp

Hello everyone,Happy Holidays! i got a barracuda 200gpd ro/di unit for christmas,and since i live buffalo,ny the water temps get pretty cold this time of year,i was wondering if i use warmer water by adjusting the water temp via the faucet and with a thremoneter then run it through the unit.I...
  7. saltydog51

aquafx 200gpd ro/di unit

than you for response oh psi at 60
  8. saltydog51

aquafx 200gpd ro/di unit

good morning everyone and happy holidays to all.ok i got my ro/di as a x-mas present,hooked it up.at first i had the water presure from faucet way to high alot of back presure psi gauge read 60psi,so i turned the down still the same the reading on gauge 60psi.the faucet is old and leaks and the...
  9. saltydog51

part id

hello, i was wondreing if anybody could help me out help. i have a odyssea water pump wp-1000 and im trying to find what i think they call the part the impeller shaft holder i looked online but had no luck or im not just looking in the right place for the part.
  10. saltydog51

algae

Hi,i have a 75 gal reef,parms are good,water changes every week 15gals,clean up crew over 110+assorted snails.my problem is i have algae with air bubbles on it.it was on the over flow box now on front of glass.i switched over from t-5s to led's and thought that the white lights where on to long...
  11. saltydog51

algea

well as i stated in a earlier thread i was having a problem with algea do to the fact i switched lights from t-5s to led's and leaving the white lights on to long so i cut back on how long the white lights where on and it seems to be helping.i was thinking of getting a clean up crew,maybe 50...
  12. saltydog51

algae

hi ,i was wondering if u guys could solve this riddle.i switched from t-5' s to leds they are the same wattage 216watts and the white lights where on 5 hrs. aday with the t-5's and the blue lights 11 hrs.now with the leds the white lights where on from 10:30am amd were set to start at 25% and...
  13. saltydog51

yellow tang

I bought a yelloow tang last night and brought it home everything was fine,i went in te basement to get something and my wife said the coral beauty angle fish is picking on the yt and to my amazement he was bulling him.i had the c b a 4 three plus yrs. and did research on yt to see if it woulb...
  14. saltydog51

led light

pics worked thank you here they are
  15. saltydog51

led light