Recent content by Ruski18

1. R

Sick blue tang, please help

Thankyou all so much. The NSW I get yes I have seen ornamental fish around, as I also scubadive. However I have never searched for water tests of any kind and would really know where to begin looking. I have had various bubble tip Annenomies in my tank, all of which after a time have just died...
  2. R

Ok thanks lee, it's been 24 hrs since the water change. Im in a city of less than 30,000 on the west coast of australia, where I get my NSW is from a beach that I've never seen any boats in (not to say boats have never been their). Last night after the water change she was sitting sideways and...
  3. R

So iv done a huge water change and all is happy in the tank. Dory is still alive (just). She's still not eating and swimming on the bottom sideways. Would she have a buoyancy problem ?
  4. R

Unfortunately no one in my area sells ro water. We only have the one petshop too. And they couldn't help me. So I'm about to pull my dory and clowns out and do a water change. I also got some nutrafin spirulina algae tablets but she's not eating :(
  5. R

Iv got a 20 ltr bucket I will use that. Well thinking about it my tang hasnt really grown since iv had her, my clowns are almost as big as her. I'm goin to the fish shop now to see what they say.
  6. R

Hi Dave, how do I process the sea water I get? Also my tang is quiet small, smaller than my iPhone. Love how my lfs sold me all the stuff and never told me it will be too small for my tang
  7. R

About a 12 ltr bucket, doesn't get used for much beside hanging out the washing. So I'm not meant to be using ocean water ? Is that what ur saying ?
  8. R

Wow thanks for all the info. Iv had my tank up and running for about 4 yrs and did all the proper cycling. I'm in Australia and get my tank water straight from the ocean. My last water change was a month ago and that was a huge One also. Yes I'm using the API test kit but it doesn't say it has...
  9. R

Thanks lee, I have the aqua one ar980 tank about 220 litres. Have a protein skimmer as well as the carbon filters. Iv done the ph at 8.2 and ammonia, nitrate and nitrites are all zero. My tank has been getting a fair bit of brown algae on the live rock and glass. Yesterday my partner got the...
  10. R

Hi guys, my blue tang has recently lost coloring and just floundering around on the bottom of the tank in the corner. Iv had my tang for over 6 months now and have 4 clowns and a long spin urchin all happily still eating. All my ph, ammonia etc are all good so I'm Not too sure what I should...