Recent content by Rue

1. Rue

An alternative Surface Skimmer review

Thanks for the review!
  2. Rue

Invention Ideas Wanted!

I have a son in first year university who has a small 'invention/marketing' project coming up for one of his classes. Thought he might have more luck inventing something for reefers (vs. a new coathanger or potato masher) than for the normal household. Apparently the slotted tank spoon (that...
  3. Rue

cleaning thefilter?

My black one worked well. But when it died I couldnt' get a replacement black sponge. So i got a white one (also thick and square), but it's not as good for some reason. So I took it out and now use a cut-to-fit carbon and a phosphate sponge together. Don't know if the carbon or phosphate...
  4. Rue

Wilko's RSM

I like! Very nice. I enjoyed the progression too! Thanks!
  5. Rue

Noob with concerns

24 hours isn't an issue. If you know you're going to the hospital (or someplace more fun) just top it up with water and off you go. I top my RSM 2-3X a week. The hood helps min. evaporation. This is compared to my open top frag tank that I have to top up daily. Fish can go several days...
  6. Rue

Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, etc.

Re: Corals in the RSM - pictures and comments on successes, failures, new additions, More gorgeous critters! Great shots everyone!
  7. Rue

RSM250 running to hot

Nice rock!
  8. Rue

I have an idea...curious about what you think.

I also think that it's the variety of answers you want. If you do your homework (reading, etc.) you'll have all the 'stock' answers. For practical answers to specific problems, you then have the collective wisdom of other hobbiests to draw from on these types of forums. If you want a...
  9. Rue

Setting up new RSM 250

Gorgeous!
  10. Rue

Which brand of SALT do you use???

...I should be flattered then! LOL... Seems like a decent product...
  11. Rue

Which brand of SALT do you use???

...and once again, I seem to be the only Ocean Pure user in the world! Wonder how they make any money??? ;)
  12. Rue

Noob with concerns

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/sponsor-specials/43370-zero-waste-75gpd-ro-di-units.html ...lol...took me forever to find it...
  13. Rue

Noob with concerns

...*mutter* Non-conformists....:crowd: My take: Like to modify? Like to fiddle? Like to tinker? Go with components... Want to have a basic reef tank and be done with it? Plumbing-phobic? Scared by light wattage? Go with the RSM ...and yes...you HAVE to have R/O or distilled...
  14. Rue

Need feedback on $1500 setup

MUCH better!:hug1:
  15. Rue

"Tom's RSM 250"

Re: RSM 250 1 month into cycle No. It's a new model. RSM started with the 130, then the 'new and improved' 130d ...and the 250.