Recent content by rossisdad

1. R

Got a Q about RS coral pro salt

Snap, mix at room temp for an hour or so and because I only mix 4 gallons at a time bring it up to temp in a bowl of hot water.
  2. R

technical question about Tunze 9004 and 9001 protein skimmers.

I do indeed have a atu not a Tunze, I had a look around on ebay and found a triple sensor version at £57. It needed a mod to the sensor bracket to fit my tank but it does the job very well, I even left in running over night and it behaved itself, of course it could just be lulling me into a...
  3. R

technical question about Tunze 9004 and 9001 protein skimmers.

It does indeed use a needle wheel impeller, the air is drawn down onto it, Now the 9004 skims well, but mine gave a lot of micro bubbles through the side of the casing which I cured with some plumbers tape in the joint something that you shouldn't expect to have to do.
  4. R

Aiptasia: taking care of business

As a relative newbe with a tank just maturing I had the pests on just one rock. The easiest method I've found is to make a paste from marine salt, and with a pipette dose it onto the anemone, seems to kill the small ones instantly, Cheers and good zapping Rossis dad
  5. R

in at the deep end

Thanks for all the advice, interesting about the filter, I use it for biomass changed monthly and crushed live rock, sort of a sump with a lid. As it is the hermits and snails are munching away and the tube worm doing its thing. I would like to ask, what would you introduce next if things...
  6. R

in at the deep end

Ok , retired and reverting to childhood. I have always admired marine aquaria and at last have the time to indulge. Just a small 30 gal tank, external filter and a Tunze 9004 skimmer.I went for red sea salt and live sand , live rock and now the waters stable have added hermits snails and a...