Recent content by rololex

1. R

Replacing black sponge

Hey Glenn, what do you have underneath the filter floss? Thanks! Derek
  2. R

1 month in with my RSM 250 - Tips welcome!

Thank you, whippetguy. That looks like my only option at this point since he's so engrained in my lr I wouldn't be able to remove him. So far so good on the water parameters so I'll just be sure to stay on top of it.
  3. R

Thank you, Dave. I'm wishing I hadn't listened to him now, but the bta is so crazily attached to my lr I don't know that I'd be able to get him out. I'll do my best to keep the water parameters in line and see how it goes at this point. If I find he's moved to a spot where he's more easily...
  4. R

Ugh, I know! I already had to rescue one of my snails from being eaten. I think I'm going to take him out this weekend. Thanks, Chrissy!
  5. R

My New RSM 250

Thank you so much, Glenn! I used a link from shutterfly to post that picture so I'll see if there's any way to make it bigger through them. If not, I'll switch on over to photobucket. Thanks for the tip!
  6. R

My New RSM 250

[/URL][/IMG] CUC of about 16 snails of different varieties, 3 emerald crabs, 1 arrow crab, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, 1 sand star, 1 green brittle star, 1 red tuxedo urchin, and 10 hermit crabs. I have 100lbs of live sand and just over 50lbs of live rock. For fish I have 2 firefish, 1...
  7. R

Thank you, Glenn! Much appreciated!
  8. R

Acronyms / Abbreviations

HA! I need to make flashcards! Great post.
  9. R

An introduction to using reef forums like this one

Thank you, Travis. Great article; I have my work cut out for me!
  10. R

So you want a tang?

What an incredibly helpful, comprehensive source for all my tang related questions! Thank you, Craig!
  11. R

What RS is really about . . .

Reading that makes me glad I chose to join this forum as I start my saltwater journey! Thank you!:)
  12. R

Hi everybody! Really excited about becoming part of the group on here. I've had my RSM 250 set up for one month and so far so good. I have a decent CUC of about 16 snails of different varieties, 3 emerald crabs, 1 arrow crab, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, 1 sand star, 1 green brittle...