Recent content by rockerdoctor

1. R

Anyone using GE Merlin RO unit?

Does anyone out there have experience with the GE Merlin RO unit? Reportedly produces up to 700 gallons per day on demand with verl little waste water (compared to other systems). Any opinions/insights would help. Thanks. Tom
  2. R

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Glenn, Considering the RSM250 is 65 gallons, how much cocktail sauce do you have to add?:laughroll Tom PS -- Rockscape looks great!
  3. R

Online Source for Live Rock

Thank you, Glenn. I've been following your new tank thread and I'm so psyched for you. Marco rocks definitely seem like the best option for base. Did you fuse them w/ thorite cement? Interestingly, I found a box of CaribSea base rock in my basement... 50lbs, still in the original cardboard...
  4. R

dmatt, appreciate the input. I'm actually planning on curing my own from different sources, including culturing/seeding some "dead" live rock. Just purchased Merlin RO system and 100 gallon Rubbermaid watering troughs... still considering whether or not to light them, and after how long, and...
  5. R

MSigler, By "docs" do you mean drs. foster and smith? Tom
  6. R

Does anyone have these books??

Mike, I have them all, but am partial to Sprung's works... for me, they always seem to be an easier read. Tom
  7. R

Glenn, Just out of curiosity, would you use the show rock or the West African live rock? Tom
  8. R

Thanks, Glenn. I will investigate those sources, too. BTW, haven't fully settled on the RSM250 yet. I'm also pricing out a build on a Marineland Deep Dimension 150gal cube. As a novice getting back into the hobby, I'm not sure if it will just be too overwhelming considering the lights, the...
  9. R

In surfing the web for sources, I was impressed by Tampa Bay Saltwater. I'll check them out. Thank you, GrendelPrime. -Tom
  10. R

Adam- Thanks for getting back to me. I might buy from a # of sources to increase biodiversity, and Tampa Bay Saltwater was definitely on my list. Like you, I'm in Jersey. Unfortunately, the most comprehensive fish store near me (Tropiquarium in Ocean Township) has very bland, very pale, very...
  11. R

Charise, thank you. Jeremy, thank you. Really appreciate your opinions. Jeremy, I've thought of craigslist, too. Did you quarantine the rock before adding? (I don't want to add anyone else's problems to my tank, particularly if they dosed w/ something or had some weird outbreak). If you did...
  12. R

I would appreciate the community's input on this: In setting up my reef, I plan on purchasing 50% dry base rock (likely from Marcos Rock) and 50% uncured live rock. I will cure it myself in large Rubbermaid containers with heaters, powerheads, etc. Can anyone offer a recommendation for...
  13. R

Where are you from

New Jersey. And, no. Not everyone is like a character from "The Jersey Shore" tv show... just most of us.
  14. R

Hello!

Welcome to the community! Keep us posted as you go. Best of luck. Tom
  15. R

Hello, Everybody!

BlakeJohn, Thanks so much for your help. I'm just starting to feel my way around, trying to figure out the nuances of post and reply and thread and etc. I appreciate your guidance. All my best, Tom