Recent content by robaman

1. robaman

Back to greatness

Ok thanks for the input. I totally agree about the ammonia and ph maybe my test kits are too old I have heard of them becoming outdated, so I will look into that to get an accurate reading.
  2. robaman

Back to greatness

Okay, so those of you who now me from my previous thread last year entitled “biggest mistake ever” will see that this is a continuation of my journey and I am now ready to rebuild/restock my tank. It has been almost a year since that has happened and my clownfish is still hanging in there, he...
  3. robaman

1000+ Gallon Display Plywood/Fiberglass Build

Man I started reading this thread yesterday and i am now just finishing and might i add speechless. this tank is awesome and has a lot of plans brewing in my head for when I buy my next home, and this does not make my wife happy at all, lol. You have inspired me!
  4. robaman

Jawfish tank?

well i am not sure i was thinking of soft coral which i believe they call sps, right? i live button polyps and xenia trees but i here the grow out of control sometimes if you don't keep up with fragging them, which i do not know how to do. i want to start keeping coral in my 100 gallon first...
  5. robaman

Jawfish tank?

oh really, thats shocking to me because i have read so much about how they need a deep sand bed to make a proper home. maybe i will try but i don't want it to get stressed and die. I'll see though.
  6. robaman

Back in business

Ok so yesterday i decided to test my water after 3 days of running. results: ph= 8.4 ammonia=0 nitrate= 5.0 nitrite=0.25 phosphate= 0.3 the nitrite and nitrate was expected due to the fact that i just started everything back up after being shutdown for months. i will be doing a 10% water...
  7. robaman

Jawfish tank?

about 1" to 1 1/2"
  8. robaman

Jawfish tank?

Ok I see what u are saying I just always wAnted a jawfish and didn't want to pit it in my 100 gallon cause my sb isn't that deep. So maybe I'll just do gobies and keep around posted on my nano tank status:) thxs any ideAs on coral I can keep that won't over run my little tank
  9. robaman

Jawfish tank?

Ok so I have a 12 gallon jbj tank u know the one with the filtertration built in. I also have a nano skimmer, heater, 50/ 50 bulbs and customs fans. Will post a pics when I get a chance i am currently at work. The question: Can I successfully house a jawfish (yellowhead) and a few other...
  10. robaman

Bwhit1406's 125 upgrade

Very nice design can't wait to see when u have everything up and running
  11. robaman

Back in business

why wouldn;t you risk the flame angel because of the tangs or do you mean because i want to keep coral.
  12. robaman

Back in business

Back in Business “reefing is my business and business is GOOD!!!” OKAY SO TO ALL THAT KNOW ME KNOW THAT I WENT THROUGH A CATASTROPHIC FAILURE A FEW MONTHS AGO, IN FACT I HAVE A THREAD IN HERE EXPLAINING IT ALL AND WHEN I FIGURE OUT HOW TO INCLUDE THAT HERE I WILL. OKAY SO AS RECENT AS...
  13. robaman

Additives????

thank you for the advice it all makes since i usually get my water from the lfs but i am planning to setup up my r/o di system so that i can make my own saltwater and add ro water for top off, because i am trying to keep corals and i want the best quality water i can possibly get and stay on top...