Recent content by RNicorvo

1. RNicorvo

I missed the FIGHT

Here are some pics - He is looking a little better today, but still in the same spot. I appreciate everyone's advice. I did panic yesterday that's for sure. It seemed like they were melted together, and I was really gentle. The poc looks like he was burned or rubbed. I have a recent...
  2. RNicorvo

I missed the FIGHT

Thanks Big Al - I got real scared and pretty panicked thinking that he was already dead. He's over by the water flow right now, still not looking good. Can you shed any light on starfish and pocillopora's? It appears that maybe he fell on him and got stung.
  3. RNicorvo

I missed the FIGHT

Need advice. I came home from work to observe something very strange. My Orange Linckia Starfish was hugging the green pocillopora in the tank. The starfish was all imbedded in it and he didn't seem to be moving. I wasn't sure what was going on so I blew a little water on him and he still...
  4. RNicorvo

My New Nano 14g

A couple more.... As always, I'm open to all opinions as this is my first tank. There is some reddish-brown hairy algae (?) that I would like to get rid of. I have taken out the rocks and clipped and scrubbed so many times. It's like a chia pet. Any thoughts? Thanks all! Best...
  5. RNicorvo

My New Nano 14g

Some more....I'm making up for lost time...:yup:
  6. RNicorvo

My New Nano 14g

Well it's been an awful long time since I last posted. Son was deployed to Afghanistan and recently came back, so my time was well spent making cookies and mailing care packages to the troops! My tank was neglected a little bit, but time and care is bringing it back. So here are the latest pics...
  7. RNicorvo

My Caves in my tank

Looks real nice. I can't tell from the pic but wondered if you have enough room between the tank and the live rock to use an algae scrubber or magnet in the future. When coraline or algae take hold in your tank it would be difficult to remove if the rock is too close to the glass. I love the...
  8. RNicorvo

Merry Christmas To All of Reef Sanctuary!

Merry Christmas to everyone at RS! :jfkjr: :hug1:
  9. RNicorvo

So, what do you do for a living??

Investigator for a financial institution - largest in the nation. Never bored I can promise you that. I've been looking at this thread, almost 6 years in the making. Keep it up! It's great to see, no matter the job, geographical location,or education...if you fancy the ocean and its...
  10. RNicorvo

Hello and Biocube question

Welcome Seahorse! I too have a 14g biocube. I've had it for a year and have learned a lot. Usually with some mistakes and accompishments. This is a great website for assistance and ideas, so you're off to a great start already. I'll check in and see how you're doing from time to time.
  11. RNicorvo

August Coral of the Month: Blastomussa

It's been a long time since someone posted on this thread, but I do have a question. I've had a single blastomussa since Sept 2008. It appears healthy, some times it expands to 3/4" but mostly it's around 1/2". I was wondering how to help it to divide? I know it is a slow grower, but wonder if...
  12. RNicorvo

big move and upgrade!

Hi Lance! Haven't been on in a long time. Son was deployed to Afghanistan, so I've been busy, and keeping busy not to dwell on things. Just had to check your progress and WOW you've really upgraded quite a bit. Keep up the good work, you're my inspiration! I'm still with the 14g biocube...
  13. RNicorvo

UTO - Unidentified Tank Object

Thanks for the info all ! Brenda, I think I identified it from your link. It's a Chiton! Mystery solved. THANKS !
  14. RNicorvo

UTO - Unidentified Tank Object

Just returned from a mini vacation and was checking the tank out last night. I saw something on the lr that I haven't seen before. It looks like a tiny snail w/o a shell. It's about 1/4 inch has grey/white stripes. By the time I went to get the camera it slid in between the lr, so I wasn't able...
  15. RNicorvo

14g biocube

Hi Dasoxx and welcome; Since you're new like I am to a reef tank, I can honestly tell you - go slow, read, research and watch your wallet. LOL If you think this is someone speaking from experience, like I said I'm still new. If I can offer the following and please read other reefers post and...