Recent content by reefin101

1. R

PH Question

lower your alk to like 8.5 and see if pH drops a tad. Otherwise don't fret it. Looks good!
  2. R

PH Question

I am not sure, but u probably won't go much higher. Most have the opposite problem. It's low 8's to high 7's. IIt's more consistent and steady fluctuations. So if u go 8.2-8.6 all good over the night and day. Better that than alk fluctuating daily. For most oH is just what it is. If...
  3. R

PH Question

I would just spread your dosing to over 24 hr period, not just lights out so it doesn't change during light hours. Or atleast go a little more into the start and ending hours with dosing. I get what your trying to accomplish by dosing at night, but a gradual pH swing of .4 is fine. I have...
  4. R

PH Question

That looks fine. The drop during WC is partly from you breathing heavy adding CO2 to air and your salt mix. No worries. Just look into salt mix with closer ALK to you tank or tank closer to salt mix
  5. R

PH Question

something isn't right? Are you just seeing brief spikes and troughs? Or is it a gradual incline and decline over hrs? You sound to be doing it right?
  6. R

PH Question

Daily alk swings like you see of 7.0-8.5 is not good! you really should not have much of if any, you need to get set up some how to automate dosing if you are using that much alk each day. Bubble magus are great and cheap dosers. Mine has been rocking for 5 yrs now! I dose about 300ml of each...
  7. R

PH Question

As for Alk, swings from WC's gonna happen especially if its a large percentage and your mix water and tank water are way off. An alk swing of .5 or less would be best I would either look for a salt that mixes up where you plan to keep tank ALK at: or keep your tank at what your salt mixes up at...
  8. R

Duncan Rescue Tips.....

What are your tank params? Probably more going on then the TDS of distilled water? I used tap water for 5 yrs on a mixed reef with out any issues!
  9. R

Duncan Rescue Tips.....

Did they come with this yellow dust or were they happy and healthy when you got them? If they came looking funky, dip them. If not just leave them and DO some WC's
  10. R

PH Question

A swing like that is nothing to worry. It will drop at times. next party or get together watch your pH log. It will drop a decent amount depending on size of house and size of party. But for avg house and avg party you can easily see it drop about .3-.5. If concerned just open a window to...
  11. R

Sump Questions

also make sure that the sump is big enough to hold the water that back drains when power goes out.
  12. R

Sump Questions

what size tank? How thick glass? Easy to drill back corner and just use a turned up elbow an intake screen for overflow! No worries if power goes out.
  13. R

Sps frag pack blowout

Red Dragon is gone, so take 18 for $290 shipped or swap whatever else you see.
  14. R

Would you Knowingly Buy Coral from Someone who has an Aiptasia Issue?

Only if you could frag it 100% from the LR. So basically only if SPS and was a gotta have!!
  15. R

winter power outage

Also youi could consider a battery back up or UPS with your heater and return pump or PH pluigged into it. You can size accordingly and have atleast 8-12 hrs run time with a small PH and heater