Recent content by Reefcraze_1

1. Reefcraze_1

Frog spawn with Bacteria Infection????????

I noticed today that my frog spawn has a large cauliflower like growth appearing in between two splitting heads, there are afew other little white spots like these but the large one is by far the clearest on my camera. You can see afew of the smaller dots on the right side just under the polyps...
  2. Reefcraze_1

frogspawn's "heads" popping off!

look closely at the base of the tissue for cauliflower like clumps. I had a frogspawn who's tissue was receeding. I found white cauliflower like clusters and later found them to be a bacterial infection which is easily cured by a breif fresh water dip.
  3. Reefcraze_1

Help! flesh on frogspawn receeding!

My branching frogspawn was supper healthy until I went on vacation. When I got back It was closed up and it never fully expanded. Today I saw this cauliflower like growth on 2 of the heads, It's soft to the touch and its hard to blow of the coral. My water parameters are perfect: No3: 0...
  4. Reefcraze_1

branching frogspawn head is dying

I bought this frogspawn from my lfs about 3 months ago and it was fantastic (went from 3 heads-9 heads, each splitting into three sections) until I left on vacation. When I got back I noticed that the flesh on the center head (with the filter feeding tenticles) had receded so some of the...
  5. Reefcraze_1

400w se vs 250w de metal halide

I'm in the process of setting up a new 350 gallon tank and I have come to the conclusion that the only cost effective option for lighting is metal halide. I have no experience with metal halide as I have been using t5's for my 60. So what I am trying to find out is for a 32" deep tank which...
  6. Reefcraze_1

Nitrate/tank water help

do you have any macro algae growing in your tank? coraline doesn't count.
  7. Reefcraze_1

whelk!!!!

Today I discovered that I have a small whelk (or at least what I think is a whelk) in my tank I can't get a picture because he is so small (about the size of a popcorn curnel). This snail has red and white flesh and has the "nose" of a nassarius. The snail has a elongated shell with light black...
  8. Reefcraze_1

yellow tang with "black ich"

lee i'm not really sure if it is black ich or just Hyper-Melaninization, because it has been a day and half since I noticed the spots and this morning there are still afew spots left. My yellow has a really bad habit of racing past my branching frogspawn, so I think these may just be...
  9. Reefcraze_1

alright so the link lynn supplied stated that these are indeed flat worms, therefore couldn't I use flatworm exit and clean out the entire display tank?
  10. Reefcraze_1

I edited my post above clarifying what black ich is and I just wanted to add that the yellow isn't scratching, is breathing normally and still has his usual voracious appetite. I just really need to know if these worms which cause black ich are flat worms?!
  11. Reefcraze_1

Something I just wanted to claify is that this isn't ich! It's called black ich but it's actually a worm which burrows into the fishes skin causing Hyper-Melaninization which appears as black ich like dots on the fishes skin. so what im not sure of is if that worm is a flat worm? cause if...
  12. Reefcraze_1

anything else out there? Leebca where are you?
  13. Reefcraze_1

Alright, so my frustration is building with my tank, today I realized that my yellow tang is infected with black ich! My plan of attack is to setup the quarantine tank tomorrow morning and place him in either hypo salinic water or remove some water from the display tank and add copper. I...
  14. Reefcraze_1

Reef Setup

what kind of filtration are you running? What are you using for water motion? how big is your tank? I had a similar problem, my nitrates always sat around 20 and I did a 25% water change per week with no resolve. Basically the solution is better water motion (my tank is turned over 25 times...
  15. Reefcraze_1

Frogspwan with brown jelly!!!!!

Well the actinics are on so I was able to take a closer look and it it seems alright, the head is expanding and the bubble is more clearish white than brownish. I'm pretty sure I just freaked out after I read this: Frogspawn Retracted - Reefer's Cafe heres the link to a image i took this...