Recent content by Reef Jam

1. Reef Jam

Tiny Shrimp under a Microscope "Mantis ?"

Aside from the spear looking claw, I have a close up image of the eye and it is exactly the same.. Looks like the eye of a fly. Mantis shrimp have linear markings in the eye... What a relief thank you.
  2. Reef Jam

Steved13, thanks for pointing me to a pod. I just google salt water pods and I found this image and this is what I have in my sump. Mine are tiny so I am going to assume as they mature they will look more like the image below. I don't have a refugium, but I have enough mud in this section of the...
  3. Reef Jam

I have a great image of the antennas it has 4, you are right about the eyes not protruding. This specimen is about the size of a hair folicle on your finger length wise. It may be to young to fully determine the anatomy. However I am keeping them alive in my sump so in a week or two I will check...
  4. Reef Jam

Here are some stills I was able to capture from the larger specimen video I have recorded with my microscope. Here you can clearly see the spear like shapes, this is just below and in front of the head. Any Idea?
  5. Reef Jam

Well, I was in the process of replacing my return pump with a larger one to get more flow and just as I was going to dismantle the wet dry sump to replace the submersible pump I notice in the chamber behind the filter wall and just below the bio balls there was a breeding ground of sea life. I...
  6. Reef Jam

Is this crab reef safe?

It is called a florida calico box crab (hepatus epheliticus). I think it may be safe. It an omnivore. And I do have small community fish in my tank. Anyone head any experience with this crab before I put it in my 75 gal reef tank? My son caught it in Sanibel Fl. I attached a foot of it...
  7. Reef Jam

Need help to identify

I think they could be tiny hidden cup corals... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. Reef Jam

Need help to identify

Ok here are some pics taken from inside as close as I can get. Looks like a game of where's Waldo... This pic was taken with the light off in the morning. So they have shrunken a little from the original photos... I will repost some photos from inside later this evening when the lights have been...
  9. Reef Jam

Need help to identify

I will try to take a macro photo of them underwater from inside the tank. I can't promise a great shot but definitely a closer one. I have been in the hobby a long time now and I have never seen this before. Can't tell if they move much; however, they do shrink when the lights are off. Sent...
  10. Reef Jam

Need help to identify

Does anyone know what these little white dots are on the rock? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  11. Reef Jam

First Anemone... whats normal...????

Cool
  12. Reef Jam

First Anemone... whats normal...????

So I bought my rose anemone The same size of yours and 5 month later it got so big I had to get rid of it. It stretched out so far it would burn everything around it. Very aggressive, sold it back to the store. They sold it the same day. Here's a pic.
  13. Reef Jam

showing off the new Zoas

Here is my Zoe
  14. Reef Jam

Show off your favias!

Here is my favia
  15. Reef Jam

New bubble coral just amazing

Thanks, for the nice comments... I gave him about 3 inches of space around.. --- I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cxi0ex