Recent content by RachShaffy

1. R

Hi All

Yeah, that's the problem...you never look where you're going!
  2. R

Hi All

Rob relates EVERYTHING to Malawis so just beat him a bit if he's not listening :D
  3. R

Killing Aiptasia with electricity

That sounds amazing! Would one have to quarentine the Aiptasia while zapping it? Mine's tucked under a rock and impossible to get to with dismantling the whole tank and disturbing it (don't want it to freak and send out spores!).
  4. R

New 5 footer!

OMG, that had us both screaming laughing! LoL. We having a nightmare doing research atm. The problem is trawling through various articles to find the best way of doing stuff. Everyone contradicts each other! Neither of us realised it was going to be this hard to find out information. Our...
  5. R

New 5 footer!

I can't wait! We should be getting it delivered soon. We were going to wait until next year but VAT is going up 2.5% so we figured that (on the cost of a nre tank) it was worth getting it now. Rob is thinking of just getting ocean (holey) rock rather than going for live and building up from...
  6. R

My Blue Throat Triggers

That looks fantastic!
  7. R

New 5 footer!

Reef I think...I can't give up my corals :D
  8. R

New 5 footer!

LOL. Just told Rob that and he's changed his mind! What would be the best way to filter it?
  9. R

New 5 footer!

The first step is going to be getting Rob out of thinking in terms of keeping Malawis. With them you have huge filtration and an overstocked tank to keep down aggression. He has two big cannister filters running and, although he knows intellectually that it's different, he's still in the mind...
  10. R

Medusa worm update

Uh-oooh....I noticed something crawling around under my sand bed the other month and managed to catch a glimpse of it before it dissapered. Just looked up pictures of a medusa worm after reading this and now I have a horrible feeling I've figured out what's in my tank! Is there anyway to catch...
  11. R

New 5 footer!

I said in another thread that I've converted my hubby to a marine fan so I thought I'd set this up to keep a record of how we're doing. It's a bit scary as the only other marine tank we've had was an RSM with everything included so we're starting from scratch with the new tank! So far we've...
  12. R

Need an idiots guide to setting up a sump tank!

Hi guys I've converted my husband to marine! He's kept Malawis for quite a while now but has decided to move them into our study to make way for a nice new 5ft marine tank! We've ordered it today, it's a Seashell systemised tank. Anyway, as I have only had an RSM130, I've never had to set...
  13. R

Ich-like disease not responding to hyposalinity

It's not going to be an overnight thing hun. It's a looooong process I'm afraid :(
  14. R

Algae bloom

I gave the pumps a clean tonight after I saw your post! They were pretty gummed up. I'll test the CA levels in the pre-mix as well and see how that goes Thanks!
  15. R

Algae bloom

I was using Red Sea, but I have a problem weighing out the amount correctly so I've been using pre-salted RO. TBH, since using the pre-salted, the algae has receeded slighty. I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it!