Recent content by r1200GSA

1. r1200GSA

Cooling fans

The Azoo you have pictured should fit, certainly will on the back, blowing air over to the front, not sure about the actual rim of the tank. I have one for my sump under the 130, tonight I will try it on the rim for you if you like?
  2. r1200GSA

Mantis Shrimp

I have a pistol and a Yellow Watchman, they are funny to watch - the only thing is, the pistol shrimp is like a one man army of earth moving machinery!!! I had a lovely sand bed before I put him in, now it's all over the place - suppose he does turn over the sand for me.
  3. r1200GSA

Power outage planned - some thoughts

Yeah I have seen everywhere that turning the lights out help - however, what did happen yesterday and it is really weird, is that when the lights came back up full (they had about 4 hours before they went out) the cyano actually died back down... very strange, hence my question about not enough...
  4. r1200GSA

OK, so power went off at 8am this morning and returned at 3:50 - so nearly 8 hours. Ok, here is something I have learned! If you think you have a back up plan, then great - but have you actually tested it? I had everything in place and ready to go this morning but it took me the best part of...
  5. r1200GSA

Yeah ok, fair enough - but if you told your wife that your complete tank setup was only $140.00 what do you expect! HAHA :bouncer:
  6. r1200GSA

"Tom's RSM 250"

Re: RSM 250 1 month into cycle Cool tank, the 250 looks the business! You have serious amounts of Rock in there also - that's gotta be one hell of a filtration system!
  7. r1200GSA

Lighting Modifications....bad idea?

I gotta agree too - at no point should anyone with a RSM remove any of the current lighting (unless to upgrade to bigger and better), most of the time it will always be down to where you place your corals, sometimes it is difficult to place corals in the right place as the place they would look...
  8. r1200GSA

Good plan, but only useful if you own a generator. I suppose we should all consider what would happen in a power outage and the cost of a generator against the cost of each of our setups is probably a very worth while purchase in the long run!
  9. r1200GSA

RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

Re: Finally! Terry, it is a shame you ditched the sump! Perhaps a better sump design is needed? Just a thought, but if you had Cyano growth in the sump, did it mean that you didn't have growth in the display tank? Just thinking that if people suffer from Cyano, I would rather it grow in the...
  10. r1200GSA

I will let you all you know how it goes, it happens in the 28th actually. I will report back on the Vortech battery pack too - this should really test it!
  11. r1200GSA

hood

I think the 130D hood would fit on the 130. I know for sure that the 130 fits on the 130D, the only issue with that is that you can't lift the hood completely. However, it did look as though the fittings are all the same.
  12. r1200GSA

Wills 130D with lifereef and sump

No probs, hope it helps. You will love the LEDs - gives the tank a completely new look!
  13. r1200GSA

I Live in the UK, near a place called Bath.
  14. r1200GSA

RSM130 the beginning

Hey Jasper, nice looking rock! Theres so much info about it is hard to say how many of this and how many of that. What I did, I bought 3 snails and 3 hermits (to start with), I kind of thought that since my tank was so new, I didn't want to start wasting money or indeed life by going nuts. As...
  15. r1200GSA

I won't be at home, but fortunately only 15 mins away in the office, so I shall pop back every couple of hours I expect. Damn, how do you work from home, that takes serious dicipline - I would spend most of the time doing "other things" than working if I were at home!