Recent content by Quickplaya

1. Q

My story! (Help me become a PRO!)

I got EVERYTHING I need.... except for the glass for the baffles. I had to order 1/4" thick glass. I got 6 pieces. How should I place them in sump when they come in next week? I got mag 9. Esshops 800gph overflow. 20gal long tank for sump when glass comes in. Reef Octopus needlewheel 150...
  2. Q

I got EVERYTHING I need.... except for the glass for the baffles. I had to order 1/4" thick glass. I got 6 pieces. How should I place them in sump when they come in next week? I got mag 9. Esshops 800gph overflow. 20gal long tank for sump when glass comes in. Reef Octopus needlewheel 150...
  3. Q

Should I buy this?

Weird... a lot of the websites I have been reading say "siphon overflow up to 800gph".... so they suck at wording? Eshops didn't have a 600gph overflow like I wanted... and 300 would only be 5.5 turnover an hour for my 55gal tank.. I heard that for a good reef I need around a 6-10 turnover... so...
  4. Q

Should I buy this?

But wouldn't adding a ball valve on the drain line create air bubbles? Why would anyone want to restrict the flow of their overflow? That sounds dangerous to me.
  5. Q

Should I buy this?

Ok, I went with mag 9... eshops 800... reef octopus 150... and putting in a ball valve to the return to dial the pump properly. I also went with 2 hydor 1050s. I know I probably would have been fine with mag 7 eshops 300 and reef octopus 110.. but you never know.. I might want a bigger tank! ;)...
  6. Q

Should I buy this?

what overflow do you recommend? I was going to mount the return pump on the side of the sump near the top of the water so my pump would just run dry if something happend to my u tube overflow. I will be down about 80 bucks from a burnt pump, but better then flooding my house. Also, I heard...
  7. Q

Should I buy this?

I went +1 on the stuff. I have a 55 gal tank and a 20 long sump.
  8. Q

Should I buy this?

I am going to buy a skimmer and some other stuff because of the 4th of july sale. Please give me feedback on this stuff... do you think it is a good buy? ES-PF-1000 Premium Aquatics - ES-PF-1000 Aquarium Supplies HY-P29301 Premium Aquatics - HY-P29301 Aquarium Supplies MAG700 Premium...
  9. Q

Do I have enough room for sump?

I inherited this dresser from my grandfather. It is made of solid wood. It will not fall. The tank is already filled and cycling. It isn't worth money or anything. I guess I am going to have to figure out if the skimmers I want will be short enough. If not, then I guess I will just build one...
  10. Q

I have my 55 gal tank sitting on a dresser. I can take out all the drawers and put a piece of plywood at the bottom to set my sump on. It isn't a very high dresser. I only got total 24"tall 15"deep 48"wide. I don't have a skimmer yet, but most of the skimmers I have been looking at online for my...
  11. Q

I have my 55 gal tank sitting on a dresser. I can take out all the drawers and put a piece of plywood at the bottom to set my sump on. It isn't a very high dresser. I only got total 24"tall 15"deep 48"wide. I don't have a skimmer yet, but most of the skimmers I have been looking at online for my...
  12. Q

Help me with aquascaping? here are some pictures of the rocks in and them in the tank.. It looks like.... CRAP! i need some help... I am trying to get a better camera so you guys can help me with layouts... Aquascape1 pictures by Quickplaya - Photobucket
  13. Q

Broken Skimmer! Can I fix it?

Why can't you see the pictures? Saltwater 1 pictures by Quickplaya - Photobucket
  14. Q

Broken Skimmer! Can I fix it?

I just bought a skimmer for 10 dollars. I don't know what kind it is. I don't even know if it would be good for my 55gal tank. I want to put it into a sump. It didn't come with a pump. I know it is 13" tall and a darker smokey color. It is broken. Please look at the pics and tell me if I can fix...
  15. Q

I get my light TOMORROW! I just bought some more LR from PA. Manado LR Cured 30lbs. I also got a Hydor Koralia Evolution 750. I think I am off to a great start. I live in Grand Rapids Michigan so I can use the GROUND shipping for anything I buy!!!!! Super-stoked about all the help I have been...