Recent content by Poriferan

1. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

Just a cell phone video. I will try to make a better one next time. http://youtu.be/c4egfdtrQCM
  2. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

Thanks! I will check out your tank this weekend as well for reasons stated above:tears:
  3. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

Thanks your RSM 130 was inspirational for my 130 build. I will have to catch up on it and the 250 when I get home and am not filtered from photobucket(etc)
  4. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

Thanks Bryan!! Your tank is looking great too. I have 2 lumen max elite reflectors and a lumenbrite 3 pendant with 250W radium bulbs plus the VHO's that run in the morning and night. The skimmer is a Euro reef 12-2 modified with a bubble blaster Hy-5000. The return is handled by a dart pump...
  5. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

Thank You! The cabinets aren't perfect, but they look good for my first time building something like this. Still need to finish the trim across the top of the glass to hide the water level and maybe eliminate the light creep out the cracks. I had the doors done by professionals. Later I will...
  6. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

Thanks, this is almost my dream tank. My wife has informed me that that tank will not come until I can afford a new house with a dedicated fish room...:thumbup: Talk about motivation:whip:
  7. Poriferan

Poriferan's New 130d Set up

This is the last FTS before the removal of most corals. They now reside in my 225 on the Sac Town 225 thread. I have the clown pair and a rainfords goby left in there along with a lot of bryopsis and some softies. Once I get the fish currently in quarantine out I think this tank may be...
  8. Poriferan

Bryan's 120 Reef

Looks Great!! does the coraline stop growing that distance from the water line or do you just choose to clean it a couple inches down?
  9. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

looks like changes were made to the signatures. I cant seem to edit mine:mad:
  10. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

Under tank left side and right side a shot of the skimmer with soda can for size reference I will try to keep this updated now if anyone is interested to see the future progression or has any questions.
  11. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

I have added quite a few corals, most of what was in the RSM 130 and some others I had growing out in the 40B Quarantine tank. This is the 40B
  12. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

I built a light rack and have 3 250W MH reflectors and two 48" VHO actinics. The rack can be adjusted up and down for ease of access. This is not the rack that is installed in the canopy.
  13. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

I decided to use the stand from the old 375 build that never got finished (tank cracked). This meant making some side cabinets and a canopy.
  14. Poriferan

Sac Town 225

Been a while since I posted on here but I thought I would share my latest adventure. The RSM 130 is on the decline. I got tired of my bryopsis battle and think the sand bed is going bad in the deep areas. The new build is a used tank I got locally. It is a 225gal completely starfire...
  15. Poriferan

Poriferan's New 130d Set up

Thanks everyone. I agree that the tank is doing well for all the attention it gets. Plus it has been moved twice this year already. First one was a 4 hour drive. I promise to give it more love once we get it in the new house.