Recent content by Popup

1. P

Popup's 30 gallon cube

New additions to the tank! Candy Cane Coral: 2011-06-15 10.43.10 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Blue Spot Jawfish: 2011-06-15 17.37.06 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  2. P

Hair Algae Eating Fish

My skimmer actually broke when I first set up the tank and the on that I got a few days ago is working hard at the moment. My nitrates as of yesterday are 5. I am going to my LFS on Tuesday and I'm gonna pick up the test and a bigger CUC. Tank you for the help :)
  3. P

Hair Algae Eating Fish

I don't have a phosphate test, but id imagine that I have a high amount. What I meant by attacking the source is doing frequent water changes, twice a week, with RO/DI water to try to lower phosphates. I was also running skimmerless for a while too. I have a 30 gallon tank so a tang would be out...
  4. P

Hair Algae Eating Fish

I have had an outbreak of HA and other macro algae in my tank. I have tried to attack it at its source, but with no results. Are there any small fish that will consume the algae in my tank?
  5. P

Question about short tentacle plates

I'm probably just freaking out a tad bit because of how much it cost. I will keep updated if it looks like it is getting worse.
  6. P

Popup's 30 gallon cube

Yeah, there used to be a lot more, my clean up crew has been doing a great job of removing it.
  7. P

Popup's 30 gallon cube

Pictures! (Forgive the alge, did not have a working skimmer for 3 weeks and I stupidly exposed the tank to sunlight for a few days. Used sub-par camera.) FTS: 2011-06-10 17.28.18 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Short Tentacle Plate Coral: 2011-06-10 17.02.46 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Rhicordia...
  8. P

Question about short tentacle plates

I just purchased a beautiful neon orange plate coral today and fed it some mysis 4 hours after I put it in the tank and now it is semi-deflated. I know that plate corals inflate from time to time, but is this normal. I have 0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 5 Nitrate, 8.2 pH, 79F, 8 Alk, and 420 Calcium...
  9. P

Popup's 30 gallon cube

I will later, my skimmer just came in and it's releasing some micro bubbles, gotta wait for them to go away.
  10. P

Popup's 30 gallon cube

PICS SOON! The tank dimensions are 20''x20''x20''. Tank is one month old. Livestock: -Cinnamon Clownfish -6 Line Wrasse -Assorted snails and crabs -Red Candy Cap Monti -Frogspawn -Favities Brain -Some Richordias and Mushrooms -Green Star Polyps -Assorted Zoas -30 Pounds of sand...
  11. P

birdsnest

Could they be kept under T5s @ 3 watts p/ gallon?
  12. P

Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic

That's a great idea Chaynes, I might have to do that.
  13. P

Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic

My name is Liam, and I am a new reefaholic. Do a odd job here and there like assembling pvc pipe for $100 and then going and spending them on corals. I would do pretty much anything to get the livestock I want in my tank.
  14. P

Hello from the foothills of NC,

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary and hello to you from the Piedmont.
  15. P

Making your first post

I guess I'm going to make my first post. Here it goes :) ! I just got back into the reef keeping hobby after being out of it for four years. I started keeping fish when I was 10, started with a 40 breeder planted freshwater tank. 4 years later I tried my hand at keeping a pico reef. It was 3...