Recent content by Pocky

1. Pocky

Free RSM 130D (34 gallon tank) - Los Angeles

Joe, I sent you a PM.
  2. Pocky

Free RSM 130D (34 gallon tank) - Los Angeles

Hi Everyone, I am breaking down my RSM 130D as I have upgraded to a 150 gallon aquarium. This tank was a great way for me to start the hobby and build confidence that I could keep corals, fish, and inverts. I still have the clownfish pair, corals, and yellow goby & pistol shrimp pair from...
  3. Pocky

Pocky's RSM 130D Adventure

Thanks Terry! Phoebe has a great webcam. I wanted to set up a webcam too, but it looks somewhat complicated. I'll have to see if I have the patience to figure it out this weekend.
  4. Pocky

Hi Seastuff and Christopher, Thanks for your posts. Sorry I didn't check in and respond. I've been away for quite awhile. Life seems to be getting in the way. Hope your tanks are doing well too. :o On a happier note, my tank is doing ok. I've had some bad experience with bryopsis...
  5. Pocky

Kim and Joel's 130D

Hi Kim! I just got through reading most of your tank thread. I started my 130D in mid-December a couple weeks before you. I'm also in the LA area (close to Vivid). I'm jealous that you got to go to the Marine Expo. We decided to take an end of the season ski trip to Mammoth so missed the...
  6. Pocky

Hi Sapphire, sorry about your Chinchilla. My kitties (brother and sister pair) are turning 14 this year, and I worry about them. I still remember when they were kittens. How time flies.
  7. Pocky

Thanks, everyone! I seriously feel a weight lifted off my shoulders with Crabby gone. When he was put back in the LFS tank that we originally got him from, he wandered to the live rock and started picking algae off like a model crab citizen. Some poor unsuspecting buyer will think he would be...
  8. Pocky

It's been awhile since I've posted, so here is an update. After the bad week, I still had a few difficulties including finding a nudibranch on my blue zoas, losing two of them, and the last one just disappeared when I woke up one morning to find the frag plug upside down. It was on the...
  9. Pocky

Rickman's 130D project....

The reason I dosed so much to start was because I was trying to achieve the 2 to 3 ppm as recommended in his instructions on his website. I know that his instructions also stated that 1 drop of his reagent ammonia/gallon would result in 2 ppm. I didn't find that to be the case so I decided...
  10. Pocky

On a happier note, I had to stop home at lunchtime, and Crabby looked shiny and giant. He has molted again (I love saving the intact shells). I've only had him since Christmas Eve, and he's molted twice, so I'm hoping I'm doing something right with the tank.
  11. Pocky

Rickman's 130D project....

Hi Rickman, I also did the Dr. Tim's fishless method in December. You can see the details on my thread if you haven't. Good luck! Let me know how you like the ATO. This is still on my list. I already purchased the MP10 and the RKL controller a couple weeks ago, but I haven't installed...
  12. Pocky

I'm actually not sure that the punctures didn't happen in my tank. I was so OCD about looking at my tank, and I didn't notice the punctures until after I was continuously inspecting the Frogspawn and Torch because Crabby was hanging all over them. In any case, I am going to wait to get my...
  13. Pocky

I just read an article about Brown Jelly Disease. After reading it, it triggered a thought. A couple weeks ago, I noticed 3 or 4 tentacles of the Torch had tiny little punctures on them. I have no idea how they got there. But I noticed that the punctures healed themselves so I wasn't...
  14. Pocky

Yes, there was brown jelly all over the top of the exposed skeleton. I dipped in Lugol's and got rid of the jelly that was there, and it looked better. But a day later, there was brown jelly again and the necrosis was creeping quickly to the healthy part of the torch. It all happened so fast...
  15. Pocky

I've had a tough week in reefing. My water parameters seem consistent with 8.2 ph, 0 ammonia/nitrites, and 5 nitrates. SG at about 1.24. I've been keeping up with the weekly water changes. It started last week after we took a long weekend trip. I was very nervous but the tank did just fine...