Recent content by phantom28000

1. P

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Just a couple quick questions that I have not found the answers to (or looked over them). Can the turf from a freshwater tank be used on a salfwater reef tank or does it have different properties & at what...
  2. P

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everything

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin To the SantaMonica Light screen I would like to add a bit. I have been researching ALL of the things needed for a great reef tank & have found this to be the most interesting blog out here. I have not set any...
  3. P

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Sorry I found it way back one the first your first post on this forum. How easy it is to forget thanks again.
  4. P

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin SantaMonica could you please tell me if you have a sand base & its depth just for my information about what type system this is working so well on. If I am going to follow others instructions why not do it...
  5. P

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Thanks for the great info. Looks like a Reef tank with few fish would work great & I understand everything is a general statement .
  6. P

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Matter of fact, since your system is not started yet, how about starting off with just a scrubber, and monitor your water as you add things to your tank. When your scrubber can no longer keep nitrate and...
  7. P

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin Please remember I am in the planning stages. It will be a 75 Reef but I like to read all I can & learn from those of you much smarter than me. You stated one of the disadvantages was to send the podst through...
  8. P

Re: Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, Everythin I have read this site over & over & it is very interesting so I am going to ask something that I hope has not been asked before. Many out here do not want to hang a bucket over their tank in their living room...
  9. P

Need some input

Ok I have read from many of the things written out here so my question is this. I have the opportunity to purchase a JBL 28 (TANK ONLY) for about $100 & that would be including shipping. Nothing included with it. Not even the hood or lights. Now most of you seem to redo about everything in them...
  10. P

Help please

Thanks yong reefer. I am trying for corals & not many fish. I have learned that fish can become quite large if you take care of them but they can cause lots of problems when they overgrow the tank. Can't take the saltwater ones to the lake if they cause to much trouble in the tank & I am not one...
  11. P

Help please

Thanks so much for all the input. I WILL CONSIDER ALL before I am ready to do this. I will get back to you individually as I have the time with many questions. Thanks again. Phantom28000
  12. P

Help please

Thanks to everyone for the info. I am sorry if I sounded as if I was in a hurry. I am an engineer (guess cause I can spell it) so that should tell you how much I am going to research this undertaking. I am devoted to animals & not people, sorry if that offeds, but I have plenty of exp. with...
  13. P

Help please

I ONLY WANT THE TRUTH PLEASE as you see it. I am thinking about starting a 29 to 30 gal. Reef. I have fresh water tanks (58 & 75 gal) now & am extremely good at taking care of them. My fish live 5 to 7 years. So back to the Reef tank. I have read a bunch from many people. I am going to build...