Recent content by Parisian

1. Parisian

Anyone with an S series upgrade to the new LEDs?

I have upgraded my S400 3 weeks ago, the acclimatation program is ending today. I have ordered 3 led modules instead of 2, and I think it makes a difference. So far I am happy with it, the color setup provided by RedSeaKev looks great. I don't see any difference on my corals, the only difference...
  2. Parisian

MAX LED Lighting

RedSeaKev provides a readymade program: you just have to send him an email. Once you have the file, you just need to upload it, the colors are excellent.
  3. Parisian

Red Sea LED lights - Lunar settings

This is also what I figured out, but I just sometimes doubt ...
  4. Parisian

Red Sea LED lights - Lunar settings

I have tried it, and it seems to work only if you setup a value. I have tried with 3% of Royal Blue. A more precise manual of the interface would be quite useful, I am not sure I am using it properly, particularly the acclimatation program.
  5. Parisian

MAX LED Lighting

I have ordered mine for my RSM 400, but I am a quite annoyed. I think 2 modules are insufficient, so I have ordered a 3rd one, which I have to pay € 430 ($ 490). For 3 modules that means I have to pay € 1,455 ($ 1,657), which is even more expansive than the 3 module kit for the RSM 500 here in...
  6. Parisian

My noisy s max 400

I also found the stock skimmer too noisy, and difficult to adjust. The Bubble King mini series are perfectly quiet, though expansive. The mini 160 is enough for the RSM 400. I have a mini 200 slim version, which is oversized, but allows low nutrients.
  7. Parisian

New Skimmer?

Bubble King mini 200 is a great skimmer, absolutely quiet, and the [U]slim version[U] exactly fits the footprint of the stock skimmer, after having removed the shelf. I have been using it for almost a year now and I do not regret it, though it is expansive.
  8. Parisian

Parisian's RSM 400

The only thing I added is an algea scrubber, I think it really helps to keep low nutrient levels, although I give a lot of food to my LPS. Otherwise I just maintain Ca and KH through the Balling method.
  9. Parisian

Parisian's RSM 400

No big change in my tank lately, corals are slowly growing ... [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG] [/url][/IMG]
  10. Parisian

Spare parts outside the US

I am going to do that right away. Thank you Diana.
  11. Parisian

Spare parts outside the US

Hi, yesterday I cleaned the main valve of my Max S, and since then it makes awful noise. The spare part is not available on any website un Europe. I found a coupe of sites in the US having it, but they do not ship outside of the US. Does anyone know a website able to do that ?
  12. Parisian

August's TOTM!

Congrats, superb tank !
  13. Parisian

DianaKay's RSM 250

+1 this is definitely bryopsis. I wish you can find lettuce nudibranches, they are really efficient and this is a natural remedy, no risk for your tank. They are very small (1/2"), do not hesitate to introduce several of them, according to the density of bryopsis. Besides they are so cute...
  14. Parisian

July's TOTM!

Congrats, I love the colors of your tank !
  15. Parisian

Chillers: is it OK to unplug it in the middle of a cooling cycle ?

IMO it needs to be decalcified once a year. I use vinegar diluted in RO water, with a small pump.