Recent content by opiea1c

1. O

to get an anemone or not?

my anemone had regained it's color but lost it's stinging cells and stickiness in the process, poor little guy then was exposing it's foot and could no longer hold it'self in place, I had to put him down before he killed my tank, R.I.P. little fella you will be missed
  2. O

ok, needing some advice here, the anemone no longer accepts food (hasn't eaten directly since my last post though I have tried every 2 days since then with no luck) and I don't think it is sticky any longer, but it does still "poop" so I am assuming it is still finding food somehow it's just not...
  3. O

first of all thank you for helping me understand that DaveK I do feel fortunate and more confident in my anemone coming back now that I know that. It did not bleach at the base at all and every day I can see more and more of the bleaching fading. so a couple of quick updates since I started...
  4. O

ok new question, I can not for the life of me find the answer to this anywhere, when an anemone is bleached is it's foot or "stalk" bleached as well? or is it specific to only the tentacles? and oral disk? reason I ask is mine is only bleached on the oral disk and tentacles (though I am starting...
  5. O

so i have a kenya tree....

Basically I am in the debate with myself over what to do with my kenya tree corals. I have a 75 gallon reef tank and a 12 gallon nano that I use for quarantine and frags. I have kept the kenya out of my main tank successfully for about 7 months now and strictly in the frag tank removing it from...
  6. O

yeah I wish i had a fish store around here that carried quality anemone's but instead I get the fish store owner who nukes his tank with a highly toxic nudibranch that eats only sponges that tells people that is "filter" feeds and that you don't have to feed it......and the crazy part is there...
  7. O

that is just amazing looking anemone and tank, congrats on that one man
  8. O

you know after a little more research on "bleached" anemones (funny how we call them bleached when they haven't touched any chlorine) it looks like my best bet for long term success would be to continually feed the anemone 2-3 times a week until it starts to regain it's color again, I have...
  9. O

yeah it is slowly regaining it's color, the tips are still pink and though you can't tell in the pictures it is not as bleached as it looks, I am sure the feedings are whats bringing it back over light alone considering my lfs (all of them close to me are by no means experts on anemones) had...
  10. O

as you can see lots of coralline in my tank actinics turned off in these pictures took the turkey baster to the live rock this morning so there isn't usually that much stuff floating around the tank but the orange spotted goby doesn't help much with keeping it down either, he is also the...
  11. 9/20/2010 anemone after one week

9/20/2010 anemone after one week

Had anemone exactly on week in this picture
  12. 9/20/2010 anemone after one week

9/20/2010 anemone after one week

Had anemone exactly on week in this picture
  13. O

Current Nova Extreme 48" T5 HO 6 x 56 is my current lighting setup which seems to be great for me, the only coral I have not had success with in there is a galaxea which I had all the way the the bottom to keep it away from anything else (though I think it was actually too much light for it and...
  14. O

well you are partially right I was a Civil Engineer in the Air Force for 6 years and been out for 2 1/2 years now, lol
  15. O

ok, well I have a new set of questions for you guys. It had been so long since I had purchased my lights and done all of my calculations that I decided to re-calculate my lighting output and how many watts per gallon I actually have due to my anemone seeming a little "unhappy" towards the later...