Recent content by Nanette

1. N

Extreme newbie here

Ummm....I know we have a protein skimmer. I clean that out at least once every day or so. Not sure what or about the sump. There's lots of stuff going down the back of the tank into a small set up in the cabinet. I'm going to assume those will be the next pictures I should post. :) Thanks for...
  2. N

Extreme newbie here

Ahhh, the system. As I said, we inherited this tank from friends who moved to Miami and didn't have room for it. As we do not have any experience with this, we have someone coming in once a week to make sure all is well and direct us. I'll get all of the specs on the tank next week when he comes...
  3. N

Extreme newbie here

oops, goby not benny, lol, I'm learning!
  4. N

Extreme newbie here

Okay, here it is as of today 3 stripe damsel Coral Beauty Angelfish Skunk Shrimp Peppermint Shrimp Diamond Benny Hermit Crabs Snails Colt Coral Mushroom Coral Coral (forgot the name)
  5. N

Extreme newbie here

I have been trying to get a pic on here. Hoping this one comes through.
  6. N

introducing turbo snails to my tank

Thanks! Newbie here, i.e. the paranoia.
  7. N

introducing turbo snails to my tank

When introducing to the tank, where should they be placed? On the live rock or on the bottom in the sand? I placed them around on the rock but they don't seem to be moving about much. Also, I have a hermit crab that I have had to pull off of one of the snails 3 times. I have placed him all...
  8. N

Extreme newbie here

Hello to Everyone, We inherited a 75g tank in December. After many trips to the store and alot of looking around online, we decided on a reef tank. Currently we have a 3 stripe damsel, a coral beauty angel fish, red shrimp, skunk shrimp, lots of live rock, hermit crabs and yesterday I added a...