Recent content by nando2323

1. N

Red Sea LED lights - Lunar settings

They lunar setting I am pretty sure works with the phases of the actual moon so if it's full you'll get a full moon if new then that. Also the acclimation definitely works it asks what percentage you want to lower by and for how long. I have tested both with Max E260 and they work as advertised...
  2. N

Just got the Max E260 Setup and going

I basically just went with the Fiji pink because it was the popular choice. It took over a week to settle though. I ended up putting the mechanical filter in to help it clear up the cloudiness.
  3. N

Went with the Fiji Pink which I really don't see any pink at all :) I saw it in the bag but that was it.
  4. N

Water is crystal clear now and ammonia reached zero this morning :). Will check on Nitrites and see where I stand and might be able to get the Clean Up Crew going this weekend. I have some algae growing but it's like stuck to the rock mostly and dark green and some light green hair algae in a...
  5. N

From what I researched they say just run the skimmer for a bit to break it in and I did the first two days. But don't put in any of the filters. I'm a total newb to this though and Im going by purely research. The dry Fiji was pretty clean I guess my ammonia is way up now but nitrites and...
  6. N

Here's an updated picture of it. The cloudiness is starting to go away. I'm contemplating putting in the mechanical filter to see if it goes away. But I been cycling with no filters or skimmer. Just flow.
  7. N

I like it very much so far. I almost bought the C250 until I saw the E260 was released. I went with it mostly because of the new features specially LED lighting. The lights don't bother me. Mine is setup in my finished basement and it looks awesome even with only rocks in it. Also I think with...
  8. N

I've never seen a Reefer one in person but I think they are very similar even to the fact that the upgrade-able under sump basically makes it a Reefer. But I cannot really confirm that.
  9. N

I figured I give you guys an update so far as to what I like/dislike so far about the MAX E 260. Likes: The looks, it looks awesome super clean design. Ease of use, it's pretty straight forward to setup and use, and well thought out for the most part. Noise, it's whisper quiet. I can only...
  10. N

I went with the BRS 50lb package of dry fiji. I'm not sure if that's enough though I didn't weight it but I figured that Dry weights less than wet so it should be by theory more rock.
  11. N

Here are the first pictures of it. Just filled it on Tuesday and started the cycle yesterday. Not so sure about my Aquascaping skills but it's my first shot and I basically did a two tier cave deal I guess. Still kind of cloudy but I hope that goes away in a few days.
  12. N

Hello from Tiverton, RI

Hello all. So I am getting into the hobby and I have a few questions mostly specific to the Red Sea Max C-250. Does it come with the starter kit that is shown on the DVD? Which shows with the refactor-meter, thermometer, test kit, etc...? Which additional filters if any should I get for it...