Recent content by Myrten

1. Myrten

Couple Questions?

nice tank set up! where'd you get your rock? LFS or online?
  2. Myrten

New Longnose Hawkfish acting sickly

see this is the problem i have with SW... i have read several articles that told me to drip acclimate fish... :dunno: ... anyways i think i figured iotut he problem... while i everything i have in there is supposed to be non-aggressive i noticed yesterday that the hawkfish has a very tiny tear...
  3. Myrten

wow i love all the assumtions you make in that post... i have a top quality protein skimmer, and very good filtration also, iw ould not quarantine a fish when he is the first (with 1 other) that i put into a tank... but ty for the info...
  4. Myrten

yeah it had lights on for about 2 hrs when i checked it... water change should raise it though?
  5. Myrten

i tried this in the begginner forum and figure di would post it here to see if i got any hits... copied as follows : Bought a longnose hawkfish on sunday... took 4 hrs to drip acclimate hmio and he did well all that day and very well yesterday... ate well and everything.. today when i fed he...
  6. Myrten

My longnose Hawkfish acts sickly!

Bought a longnose hawkfish on sunday... took 4 hrs to drip acclimate hmio and he did well all that day and very well yesterday... ate well and everything.. today when i fed he would not eat... he will not leave his perch on his rock at all... tested my water and got following results PH 7.8...
  7. Myrten

Puffer Emergency Because of Wrasse - Need Help (w/video)

owwwwww.... yeah i would not think he would live thru that, but i am no expert...
  8. Myrten

What kind of puffer is this and???

everythign i have read says nitrates need to be as close to 0 as possible i think... BUT i have also read it is not as crucial in a FOWLR... but me i am not sticking anything in my tank till i get my nitrates down to 0...
  9. Myrten

Equipment question??

i am a beginner myself but from everything i have learned, you can do all sorts of different things... depends on how many water changes you will/want to do and so forth... also how big an aquarium and how much live rock?
  10. Myrten

New 75g 48" long setup - need opinions

very much a beginner myself (still gettign equipment and cycling my first tank and all) but i went with AquaC for the skimmer just because of how many good reviews i have read her and on many sites... the double island idea for rocks sounds cool too!
  11. Myrten

Life

yep that was it as soon i i read that it clicked in my head :D
  12. Myrten

Life

its the "circle of life" though for the flyign fish, i cannot remember for sure but i thought thise that die int he process, being caught up in the film eventually became a food source for the young when they hatched? maybe not :dunno: The series is pretty cool though, and though not an...
  13. Myrten

The world's only immortal animal

Thats nuts! hehe forget apes inheriting the earth it will be immortal jellyfish who evolved using transdiffer... ummm yeah that word he used ;-p
  14. Myrten

Are Aquariums Getting Too Lifelike?

I can somewhat see both sides of the argument at its BASE value. Howver i do think the author of that article was exaggerrating and such in order to write a "news-worthy" piece, it seemd VERY biased and never presented any concrete numbers dealign with propogation or anything like that... :nono:
  15. Myrten

deep water anglers

that fish with the eyes in its head is F R E A K Y... but cool too lol... and the angler fish was pretty nest to read on never seen that.. ty for sharing the info :)