Recent content by mlags62

1. M

Red Sea Max 250 Used for Sale In NY/NJ Area.

Message me and we can talk about the details. What level is your kid playing? I used to play junior b until my knees gave out.
  2. M

Red Sea Max 250 Used for Sale In NY/NJ Area.

I may be selling my Red Sea Max 250 all back no physical mods to it. I love the reefing hobby however I do not have the time to maintain everything and instead of letting the tank sit here for years I'd rather put it in the hands of someone who needs and deserves it. Please message me if you are...
  3. M

Lags' 250

Haha you that right Juan and I agree with you Terry or atleast not in a reef tank! Really cool fish but I don't feel like spending 10 bucks a month on replacing snails lol. I went to my LFS and he said he'd take the fish for credit. So 2 days in jail for killing 10 snails, plus 2 shrimp, is not...
  4. M

Lags' 250

Let this be a lesson to all Hawkfish!
  5. M

Lags' 250

Update on tank, I'll be purchasing all the parts for my sump in the coming weeks. I plan to assemble after I get back from Italy. So over the past few months I've been noticing a good amount of snails that died...maybe around 8-12. I thought it could have been something in my water but after...
  6. M

Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

Juan you have inspired me to do the same one day! Now if you wanna go all out you can put a nice koi pond outside of your room! :overhere:
  7. M

Cutting the inner wall inside the RSM 250

good points. Now I have to wait for the IRS to mail my tax return so I can get going on the new project! I have 3 weeks to figure what sump and design I'm gonna go with. Till then if anyone has any ideas that they want to do or wish they could have done regarding their sump let me know and I'll...
  8. M

Juan, that was almost the same exact design I had in mind expect I would want a smaller sump so I can still store somethings underneath. IMO it wouldn't even take much to modify the cabinet. My main concern is all of the plumbing! And what kind of software do you use to setup those designs?
  9. M

Terry, should which skimmer would be better for the RSM 250, the SWC 120 or 160? And what do I do with the two pumps already in the back chamber of the tank? These are probably basic questions for everyone but I am still very new to the reef hobby. I really do appreciate all the help from...
  10. M

What are your opinions on the return line to the tank? Should I connect to the into the display tank or have it just go back into the back sump of the tank?
  11. M

Thanks! Juan I was reading your other thread and I can see you play black ops. Do you play zombies?
  12. M

Makes complete sense with the height of the chambers maybe I was getting confused with the proflrx where u can adjust the level
  13. M

Yea I ment a return pump. I just read some nice reviews about the swc skimmers so they're going to be an option. How can I control the amount of water coming into the sump, so I can get the desired level of water? For example: If I set up the ephoss 75 and I have the swc 160 and it needs...
  14. M

Yea if I was looking at the ephors 75 as well. If I went with the pro flex I would have to cut into the inner cabinet. How do I know what the sweet spot is for each skimmer? Is it through trial and error or can I find a data sheet or something that can let me know? Also what size pump would I need?
  15. M

That thread answered all of my questions. I intend to use the proflex as a berlin sump. Since this is my first time ever using a sump, how do I know if the skimmer and pump I choose will be the right one? I have the nano reef pump right now but it is very inconsistent. One week it will work...