Recent content by Mjcj34g

1. Mjcj34g

mikes Red Sea max 130 adventure

Can anyone help me identify the algae I'm dealing with? I haven't checked my parameters in a really long time but I do weekly 5 gallon water changes with RO/DI water. Zero TDS according to my meter. Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  2. Mjcj34g

I guess I haven't been on in over a year.... shame on me. it is definitely Acanthastrea echinata. I haven't been able to do a whole lot with my tank in the past year due to a down turn in the industry I work in. It is on the rise however and i am starting to get the saltwater bug again.
  3. Mjcj34g

Orange crush echinata? Anyone? Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  4. Mjcj34g

RSM owners - what are your other pets?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  5. Mjcj34g

Can anyone assist me with identification of this coral? Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  6. Mjcj34g

PowerHead - RSM C130

I use a jaebo RW-8 in mine. Good flow, controllable and not going to break the bank. Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  7. Mjcj34g

Too much flow for a 130?

LOL[emoji115] Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  8. Mjcj34g

Poll: MACNA 2016! Are you going?

I wish! Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  9. Mjcj34g

Seb's new Reefer 250 set up

Not to plug any specific companies......... but, I purchased a 5 stage RO/DI from air, water and ice for a fair price 2 years ago. I have only changed the carbon, coconut and floss filters one time. I still get 0 TDS. Im really happy with it. I can't help you on lights as I ran Chinese lights...
  10. Mjcj34g

Well I broke down and upgraded my Chinese LED's. I decided to go with 2 Ai hydra 26 HD's. I was going to do one hydra 52 HD, but I figured if I upgrade to a larger tank later on, two was better then one. What a difference in looks between the Chinese and the Ai's. Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  11. Mjcj34g

I skipped the mud. Used aragonite in the refugium. I now need to begin stocking up on frags. Got my first acro. Hope it makes it Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  12. Mjcj34g

Did a little rockscaping yesterday. Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  13. Mjcj34g

Thank you, I did a 5gal water change last night but dropped the specific gravity to only 1.028 in fear of shocking anything in the tank. I will drop SG a little more next week. Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  14. Mjcj34g

What is the safest time frame to bring specific gravity down? I finally bought a refractometer and it would appear when my hydrometer reads 1.026 it's actually at 1.030.. I would like to safely bring the salinity down where it needs to be. Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
  15. Mjcj34g

It will be a long slow road. My daughter set a goal for me to make TOTM. Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk